Foxboy2002

May 16, 2020
over a year ago i asked him on twitter, and he confirmed he's still working on it. he said he was still working on the multiplayer update and making it stable. but that was way over a year ago now. no clue if he's still doing work behind the scenes, or told me that as a hush hush thing
He is not working on shit. He copied and pasted you 5-6 year old information. It's amazing how people just believe everything they are told because someone typed words on a screen. That's how he's made over $2 million dollars off this game by doing nothing at all since 2016. He admitted he hasn't worked on the game in 8 years in a comment here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/rack-2-v8-fek.734/post-11360574

The game is done, its abandoned, it's over. It's already so far out of date it would have to be rebuilt from scratch. He knows this, which is why he has abandoned it. The game doesn't even work on newer PC's/GPU hardware anymore. That's how long this has been abandoned (close to 10 years soon)

Kezza329

Jan 30, 2023
He is not working on shit. He copied and pasted you 5-6 year old information. It's amazing how people just believe everything they are told because someone typed words on a screen. That's how he's made over $2 million dollars off this game by doing nothing at all since 2016. He admitted he hasn't worked on the game in 8 years in a comment here:

The game is done, its abandoned, it's over. It's already so far out of date it would have to be rebuilt from scratch. He knows this, which is why he has abandoned it. The game doesn't even work on newer PC's/GPU hardware anymore. That's how long this has been abandoned (close to 10 years soon)
im not blindly believing anyone. i stated what he said to me personally over a year ago, for the record. and the screenshot shows only him confirming how old the code is and how unstable and unfinished it is. not anywhere in that did it say anything about he's done with it. listen, people are frustrated, i understand that. lord, i dont even think he will finish it ever tbh. but other than the absence, i have no exact confirmation from himself that he isnt ever going to finish it. so at this point its all speculation and assumptions based off the lack of activity. rather than confirmed facts. has the game had any updates? no. do i think hes gonna finish it? no. but, thats all we have. Opinions

• Haha
Reactions: Playfulpetfox

ChaoticGoon

Aug 21, 2021

great!

ricardomorino1994

Oct 30, 2023
over a year ago i asked him on twitter, and he confirmed he's still working on it. he said he was still working on the multiplayer update and making it stable. but that was way over a year ago now. no clue if he's still doing work behind the scenes, or told me that as a hush hush thing
The fact that he immediately jumped headfirst into adding multiplayer sealed Rack 2's fate. it's a niche in which he will probably NEVER have an audience for; seeing as the real gooners have shit like VRChat and Anthro Heat already. No idea what he was thinking there, instead of just fixing the already existing buggy mess that the game was... let's add more shit to the code that will spaghettify things even worse than it already was!

Kezza329

Jan 30, 2023
1713361797061.png

recent comms with the developer. as ive always said. i dont blindly follow nor believe. i simply communicated what i had spoken to him over a year ago!. but heres my recent dealings with him. happened today

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Axis3123

Kezza329

Jan 30, 2023
The fact that he immediately jumped headfirst into adding multiplayer sealed Rack 2's fate. it's a niche in which he will probably NEVER have an audience for; seeing as the real gooners have shit like VRChat and Anthro Heat already. No idea what he was thinking there, instead of just fixing the already existing buggy mess that the game was... let's add more shit to the code that will spaghettify things even worse than it already was!
yeah, i do agree. he should've focused on making a better and more stable product before even thinking of adding multiplayer. i will admit, multiplayer would be fun. but in order for rack to even become playable, it required a player made mod. so that does speak volumes. however, time will tell

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
View attachment 3549222

he's sent this as proof hes working on it
I dunno, seems iffy. A bunch of .cs files on a screenshot don't mean much, especially since it's been how many years since multiplayer was planned? At this point I feel that Rack 2 is his cash cow, but has definitely started to lose interest in the idea. If he stops, however, then a chunk of his revenue plummets. There's like no other explanation for this radio silence across the board. Not even Trello with the roadmap he planned is up to date. How can we now trust this as definite proof? Why not acknowledge or give a shoutout to the Reinvented mod for adding content and fixing things?

...why the radio silence at all? Can't be for milking more outta the Patreon, right? Right?

Kezza329

Jan 30, 2023
I dunno, seems iffy. A bunch of .cs files on a screenshot don't mean much, especially since it's been how many years since multiplayer was planned? At this point I feel that Rack 2 is his cash cow, but has definitely started to lose interest in the idea. If he stops, however, then a chunk of his revenue plummets. There's like no other explanation for this radio silence across the board. Not even Trello with the roadmap he planned is up to date. How can we now trust this as definite proof? Why not acknowledge or give a shoutout to the Reinvented mod for adding content and fixing things?

...why the radio silence at all? Can't be for milking more outta the Patreon, right? Right?
yeah thats true. all we can do is cross our fingers and wait tbh. people who pay need to decide how they feel. but we're not the developer, we dont know him nor whats in his head. fuck knows lol. i wish the mod creators just continued to expand further

Reactions: Axis3123
3.20 star(s) 23 Votes