Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
FreshRevenge, they can't put a guy in a coma on trial. And he was in critical condition immediately following the crash so citing a DUI is a moot point.
MysteryCrabs, that's a mockup of the movie Alita: Battle Angel. Which is the actual manga name (in English) but all backwards - Battle Angel Alita (also known as Gunnm in Japan and her name in that is Gally). Even the lead actress was appalled when she saw that they'd applied post-processing to her eyes to make them bigger. The same level of goonery as casting a non-Japanese actress to be Major Kusanagi for the live action version of Ghost in the Shell.

BigDaddyDom, the 4K Wallpapers are generally only for the $20 patrons.
And the picture MysteryCrabs is referring to might be the one attached.

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Yes it is... because there is a character named Alita coming to the game, and they thought it would be fun.
I must have missed that post. Or maybe it's only available to the $20 patrons.
Better hope Yukito Kishiro doesn't catch wind of that.

Alita/Gally was also the name of Daisuke Ido's pet black cat. So unless this new character AT LEAST has black hair, I don't want anything to do with it.

Last edited:

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
Better hope Yukito Kishiro doesn't catch wind of that.
The poster was for fun. The character is nothing like the poster (as in, not based on the other character). She is even mentioned in the current version of the game as a friend of the girls if you pay close attention.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
The poster was for fun. The character is nothing like the poster. She is even mentioned in the current version of the game as a friend of the girls if you pay close attention.
Nothing like the poster? Not even the black hair?
She's the one that Maddie says they could stay with instead, right? If that's the case that's not what I would consider concrete evidence that she'll turn up at some point.

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
She's the one that Maddie says they could stay with instead, right? If that's the case that's not what I would consider concrete evidence that she'll turn up at some point.
I'm sure a character with a name, design, and mentioned in the game won't turn up in the game...

Nothing like the poster? Not even the black hair?
I edited the comment afterwards. I mean she's not based on the other character. That is to say, she's not a battle cyborg, but a simple teenage girl.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I'm sure a character with a name, design, and mentioned in the game won't turn up in the game...

I edited the comment afterwards. I mean she's not based on the other character. That is to say, she's not a battle cyborg, but a simple teenage girl.
Okay, fair enough.
Let's wait and see :)

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
I think I am going to wait before supporting. So far the developer has made some plot holes within the first chapter. Especially with the woman that you killed her son. Her appearing a day later after your 3 girls show up is just bad writing. Because if she did feel incline to confront you, it would of been way before.

In a DUI case because the MC was drunk, he would be convicted of a criminal offense. Another thing is that the MC parents would have been responsible for any legal issues that would have resulted in a death. Basically the woman would of gone to court and would of receive legal compensation. Since the mc was in a coma, it would of landed on the parents to pay any financial retribution.

Another thing that is still mystifies me is say the mc was in a coma for 10 years because 10 years is just a good round number to be in a coma. Say for the sake of argument that by default the girls that show up your door are 18( I would say 16, since that is more believable on appearance). So 18 years go by. This woman named Natalie Koval I think, would have moved on by then. She would of maybe had another kid. So for me for her to show up your doorstep seems like she hasn't grown up or let go of her grievance. To me it seem unrealistic to me. Sure it would hurt and the first few years would be hard but after 18 years, I think she would of moved on with her life.

If you are trying to write your story based in reality, you need to look into everything. Research into DUI, because I am not sure how the lawyers didn't give the mc any information regarding Natalie Koval. The parents can't just hide their son for 10 years especially when you dealing with a death to another individual. I mean Natalie Koval would have been notified that you were in a coma and when you woke up. The legal stuff should have been taken care of, so it isn't like she can sue him now. Because due to the death of her child the court would have made sure any financial obligations were take care of.
Maybe the statute of limitations ran out while he was in a coma or the police didn't decide to pursue it because of they didn't think it was worth it since they thought he would die, or his rich parents got him off with an affluenza defense, or he changed his identity to throw the police off his trail, or something.

My guess is that the mother didn't turn up before because she wasn't sure where to go and followed the daughters to find out the MC's location.

In any case, it's a game that has a plot that seems similar to a soap opera so it seems designed to highlight drama rather than realism.

Personally, I thought that the mother didn't look old enough to have had a son 18 years ago, even if the son was an infant at the time, which he probably wasn't.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Maybe the statute of limitations ran out while he was in a coma or the police didn't decide to pursue it because of they didn't think it was worth it since they thought he would die, or his rich parents got him off with an affluenza defense, or he changed his identity to throw the police off his trail, or something.

My guess is that the mother didn't turn up before because she wasn't sure where to go and followed the daughters to find out the MC's location.

In any case, it's a game that has a plot that seems similar to a soap opera so it seems designed to highlight drama rather than realism.

Personally, I thought that the mother didn't look old enough to have had a son 18 years ago, even if the son was an infant at the time, which he probably wasn't.
Yeah, this is a telenovela but I am sure it's going to be a good one...

psychtelenovela.gif

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I think you need to rationalise that they are not in the US or any "standard" western country. In the US, he would have been charged while in a coma. He couldn't be tried, but the statute of limitations only measures time between the offence and being charged, not tried. So when he came out of the coma, the hospital would inform the police and he would be arrested again.

But we can just ralionalise that it is some foreign country (or different universe) with weird laws. And anyway, at this point we have no idea of the back story. So let's wait and see.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
The poster was for fun. The character is nothing like the poster (as in, not based on the other character). She is even mentioned in the current version of the game as a friend of the girls if you pay close attention.
oh that's too bad. Would be good if this game added another petite character, other than Olivia and Gracie

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I think you need to rationalise that they are not in the US or any "standard" western country. In the US, he would have been charged while in a coma. He couldn't be tried, but the statute of limitations only measures time between the offence and being charged, not tried. So when he came out of the coma, the hospital would inform the police and he would be arrested again.

But we can just ralionalise that it is some foreign country (or different universe) with weird laws. And anyway, at this point we have no idea of the back story. So let's wait and see.
Vehicular homicide in the US generally gets 2-15 years in the US depending on state statutes. The range is intentional as it depends on the person, their intent, and etc. He wasn't drunk, on drugs, he just fell asleep (and they could have found out via drug test when he was in the hospital). He could easily have been tried, convicted 2 years, served his sentence while in a coma while not being mentioned so far in a v.01 version of a game.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Vehicular homicide in the US generally gets 2-15 years in the US depending on state statutes. The range is intentional as it depends on the person, their intent, and etc. He wasn't drunk, on drugs, he just fell asleep (and they could have found out via drug test when he was in the hospital). He could easily have been tried, convicted 2 years, served his sentence while in a coma while not being mentioned so far in a v.01 version of a game.
Yep, parents pay any civil and criminal financial penalties that arise and after ten years there's no reason for him to worry about it (beyond survivor's guilt). It's not like the court is going to decide that he has to serve after getting out of his coma. LOL

Reactions: mordred93
4.30 star(s) 270 Votes