VN - Ren'Py - Radiant [v0.6.3] [RK Studios]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Krynh

This is a very enjoyable game to play. Where some stories are a slow burn with lots of dialogue and setting up of scenes, Radiant jumps right into it. Sometimes that can be be a bad thing but for Radiant taking it slow wouldn't have been the right path.

Storywise it's your typical Father-Daughter incest story so nothing quite ground breaking there, but that's okay because we're here for the girls not the text (otherwise we'd be reading erotic novels instead). Although it is slightly unique in that the MC is entirely unaware that he was a father until they show up unannounced.

Visuals wise all of the girls are good looking and the renders have no noticeable errors on them, the lighting is well set up so that they have a natural skin colour. The sex scene animations are very well done even with only the one so far with gracie. The game also lets you toggle blood on or off which is an interesting feature.

Game Mechanics: There is an interesting feature here where you can define your character psyche and choose what sort of route you want to take with your daughters, love purity and darkness. It's too early to tell whether they'll be able to keep making unique scenes for all routes but it will be interesting to see them try.

Edit: Cons: The flashing colour system is a bit annoying and could be distressing to photo-sensitive players or useless to colour blind players.

The narrator. We don't need one, the MC's internal monologue would suffice for most things that happen as we are inside their head so to speak. For example the doorbell rings then the MC can ether think "oh that's the doorbell" or just have 'Doorbell rings'
  2. 4.00 star(s)

sadman8547

played version : 0.1.1v taboo edition

Played and slowly read through

game really got potential, Renders are well done.
    writing is good. but its a good read not really gripping but its one of those games that doesn't makes you skip through till the sexy bits.
    pacing is a slow burn.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Gammatroni

Models are just perfect, story so far great and very emotional i almost cried and my hart hurt. Absolutely perfect start, if that will continue I'm pretty sure this will be top list VN if its not already.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

King Melodias

The quality is already there. CG's are beautiful and the story premisse (spelling?) laid a good foundation for a first update.

I do wonder if this game "ages"well with the refrencing to the world at the moment. Also, it might be too ambitious... So a high risk of never being finished.

However, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to this creator and decided to support him on his Patreon till June.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

HiHoWolvo

While this VN is still in very early days, it shows very high potential.

The writing that's here is rich and emotional, and shows a clear understanding of characters going through one of the worst things that could happen to anyone.

The game's psyche system is interesting, and it looks like the story will develop in multiple ways depending on the character's choices. Hopefully, the devs can translate this into some replay value.

The art is beautiful. When the story called for Gracie to be the most beautiful woman the main character has ever seen, the artist clearly put heart and thought into depicting that. And since her triplets are all supposed to resemble her, we're getting a really good 4-for-1 deal here.

The one bad thing I can say right now though is that the animations look crude, and don't really meet the standards this game has set for itself. I can't knock it down too much for now, though, given how early this VN is in development. Going forward, it's definitely something worth keeping an eye on.

Overall, this game deserves to be right at the top of anyone's must-watch list.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

cosmosdad1

Fantastic start to the game. the renders are very nice, the animation is good as well. The story and dialog is good and makes sense so far. My only issue at all would be all the girls looking alike, i get it, the 3 are triplets, but even the girl who comes for a job looks similar. I also enjoy the music and sound effects, kinda reminded me of Being a DIK there. Anyway, keep up the great work.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Dukkha

Cute models, and the renders and animations overall great. So far choices seems to matter at least a bit, hard to say this early on though... Overall a very promising start. and looking forward towards the next update.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

scouttank

My first impressions on this version of the game is phenomenal. I thoroughly enjoy everything this game has to offer, from its animations to its tiny details. I am very much looking forward to future updates for this game

Pros: Interesting story, nice graphics, good renders, outstanding dialogue, characters draw you in, in game music is immersive.

Cons: I feel that there could be more choices with the characters such as more dialogue options, what actions you can do to them, and what your character does. For example, the sleepwalking scene with the blonde girl (I forgot her real name since i named her Helga), i feel that there could have been a choice whether to wake her up or not.

Overall there are a substantial amount of pros, and very few cons, this is a very well polished, well made, and overall excellent game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Crusher56

Honestly let me start off by saying not many games that just released or at the beginning stages can make you feel so many emotions. The animations are pretty good so far and I expect with even more releases its just gonna improve even more. I especially enjoy the three main girls they each have their own quirks and personalities so they never will fill dull and above all they're beautiful and well designed.

The gameplay at first will make you feel overloaded cause there are so many paths you can take but once you realize there is no good or bad way to play and that its your choice on how you want the story to go it just adds extra on getting immersed and enjoying the ride in a great story.

Now on to the story when I said at first about emotions its true this game will make you feel sad, happy, angry, etc. So I found that very compelling as a reader and for being at the first releases I say it had enough content to keep you satisfied and at the same time make you want to come back for more.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

D3ssel

I usually don't give ratings for games on its first episode. Too little content, the dev is usually still struggling as he adjusts the game, etc...

But this one here has all the fine prints of a jewel.

Great characters, a very long first episode (which a lot of new content creator could learn from - the more you give us, the more we have to evaluate your creation), some promising story (too early to really tell how good it is, but given what I've seen before in other games, this one "feels" competent), good enough writing, etc...

The only thing (and it's very important to me) I can't really evaluate right now is how active the devs will be when it comes to updates. I did become a patron, but what happens in the next few months will either "make it or break it" for me.

If the dev fails to give us content in a timely fashion, or if the quality drops, I'll adjust this accordingly.

But, as it is? This is a 5 star in my books. Let's just hope it will still be a 5 star game in the following weeks.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Calmingstorm

Beginning of the game starts more or less like most VN's, But to my surprise went into a different direction! This is good thing! I never had a VN tug my heart strings, I was surprised how quickly I became emotionally involved.
    Though it is still in development, it is well thought out and leaves you wanting to continue the story.
    Artwork is very good. The story telling is superb! The characters pull you in. There is a System of choices that will effect how the game plays out... You are encouraged to play maybe more as yourself if in this situation.
    Will have to see if it pans out. I know I did not mention the plot of this VN. I highly encourage you to play it and see for yourself how really good it is
  12. 5.00 star(s)

dcontrol

It's great to see a game with nice 3d graphics that doesn't forget that writing is still a crucial element of a good game unless you are making minutes long highly detailed SFM style animations for every scene.

The plot might not be the most original thing ever, but the characters are damned cute and the aforementioned writing raises it above most of its counterparts.

Anxiously awaiting where it goes from here, and excited to see where some of the darker options might head. I can only hope the updates are frequent and keep up the quality.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Drew Anderson

Love this game so had to take the time to review. This is a review of the 0.1.2 version of the game.

Renders: It's obvious they put a lot of effort into them. They look great. Far beyond the bare bones ones you see on a lot of games here. Just beautiful.

Story: The intro is long and in depth but it really gives you a good feel for the MC's backstory and sets up the rest of the story great. The later clarifications to me weren't needed but it's nice to know the creators listen to feedback, The girls are adorable and I'm really anxious to see how things progress

Game mechanics: I'm intrigued by the psyche choice system, even though we've only scratched the surface and haven't really seen how it affects things yet. That is going to be very interesting. It'll be fun to see how it meshes with the plot decision trees and character decision trees.

Length: Excellent for a 1st update. Paying attention to the story, it took me a solid 90 minutes to play through. Not too much different between different paths yet, but it seems like that will change as the game progresses. I did a second playthrough with different psyche choices to see how some of those play out later.

Solid 5/5 for me.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

AJBit

The Renders are phenomenal and so is the story telling. I love incest VNs and I can't wait bang the triplets. I love the variety of body types and hair color. I love that the story is believable if not heartbreaking in a way. I will definitely patron this game.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Holy Bacchus

I don't tend to play games that are still this early on in their development, but when you're stuck in the house all day looking for something to entertain yourself, you just have to bite that bullet when you see a game that looks this good.

It may be short, but it does not disappoint. There are very few games that can make such a strong impression with its very first version, but this one does just that with its emotional tugging of the heartstrings as well as the impressive quality of the renders and animations.

The story is perhaps one of the most original that I've seen and it's in this story where the game truly is at its strongest. There's immediate sexual gratifiation right at the start, which should satisfy those who are often frustrated with games that take years to incude even a single sex scene, but from there the story takes a sharp left turn as the main character's life is quite literally upended and the story picks up 10 years later.

From there, we move swiftly on to the arrival of the 3 main female stars of this game - Olivia (redhead), Allison (blonde), and Maddison (brunette) - who deliver both a heartbreaking and heartwarming body blow. Each of the 3 girls has a very different personality; Allison is warm, bubbly, and affectionate, Maddison is aloof, moody, and fierce, and Olivia is the calm stable lynch pin of the trio.

The character models are also top-notch with each one resembling a key character from the beginning of the story (an important aspect of it, buy the way), but they are also distinct enough as to not only make remembering which is one is which easier, but also to provide something for every player to enjoy; a fiery redhead, a blonde bombshell, and a raven-haired siren.

Finally, the gameplay. The game boasts a "fullproof" system where key choices will lead player-characters down a path of Purity, Lust, or Darkness. Such choices will drive the game's core plot, others will affect the player-character's "psyche" which will influence their behaviour, and relationship choices will influence the dynamic of each relationship with other characters. The choices are also colour-coded, and the screen will flash with the colour that corresponds to a particular type of choice. Currently there aren't many of these choices in the game, but what is there already gives you some idea of where each of these paths will lead and the prospect this in-depth system offers of having such freedom of choice to really guide the story how you want is something that I very much look forward to see play out moving forward.

Overall, this game shows tremendous promise and is perhaps one of the most impressive adult games to debut for a long time. Never have I become a patron of a dev so fast in my life and its meteoric rise in such a short space of time is a testament to its quality, especially given the difficult times we all find ourselves in. This game will undoubtedly become one of the most popular around as it continues to develop, and as agonising as the wait may be, I very much look forward to following its progress.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

Anthony11553

OK this game was a lot to take in, something i wonder when i get sad about something in media is, am i sad because it's a great scene that evokes the viewers emotion or is it sad because just the thought of the situation? unfortunately i think it's the latter. The opening scene makes it believe it might be about some drama in high school and romancing this girl in the first day, but here's the thing the plot twist was nice and it got me sad but for all the wrong reasons. i don't care about any of these people the game plays with my emotions to early that the rest of the story is way to tame in comparsion, Like the game drops downhill, i mean a 10 year coma? it takes away some of the emotional attachment when it's such an obvious plot set up. Now let's get to the girls of the story, i'm really not a fan of they're styles like at all, and then of course when it comes to personalties you got the 1 girl who's really sassy (common trope) so the girl just dumps on these 3 daughters in 1 of the biggest guilt trips i've ever seen in my life, this dude took my virginity and i loved him so now he should let my kids stay with him. I prob would've felt more attached if we were shown more of his early days like having 2 chapters then the coma, that would've been really intresting, let's talk about some positives. The opening scene is sad and it is for the reasons i listed. I like that you got those options in the game cause a lot of games don't do that, all in all i think this chapter was a misfire for me cause it has one of the worst things i hate in media (emotional minupilation) all in all if you wanna look past that it's just a kinda generic game with not the best looking girls, graphics are great tho and i'll probably keep playing this
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 718458

Plot is great, graphics is good. System of the branching story is unique in a good way. Waiting for more. Girls are nice, emotional and there are 3 paths to work with them. And a Brooke as a side chick...
  18. 5.00 star(s)

DigitalBlasphemer

Short right now, but it shows a lot of promise.

The renders are nice. The triplets are adorable and I can't wait for lewd times with them.

The writing's also pretty good, not being full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes and such.

I can't wait for more.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

ashebas

A breath of fresh air on the internet.

The authors managed to bring us a story that evolves pretty fast, with each character being more gorgeous than the next.

Also, I was deeply moved by the letter that the MC reads near the end of chapter 1.

Well done devs, you deserve our support.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

hidden_robot

I have high hopes for this game, i won't say is one of the best games i've seen, but i've found very few reasons to not give 5 stars.

Pros:
    - Awesome renders;
    - Good writing (interactions between characters);
    - You can choose how the mc will react in most situations and the dev says that will define the mc thinking and acting;

Cons:
    - The story about how we got in the situation we are could be much better written, BUT i think that the point of the game is to think about the future and how will the characters handle the situation they are currently in. So i won't let this decrease my rating.