RPGM - Completed - Rafika and the Seal of Wedge [v1.02] [o_m]

1. 4.00 star(s)

xivas

TLDR: A temporary fix for all you Shimobashira enjoyers. It aint the real deal but since they only made 4 games, we can always use more. (If you dont know what Shimobashira is and you like your H-RPG games, you HAVE to search it up)

Long ver:

Art: 4.5/5, It's one of the rarer art styles you see in hgames. While it likely wont apeal to everyone, it is still very good looking and variations are always appreciated.

Gameplay: 2/5, its not a difficult game by any stretch. Spam attack and heal and you are good to go. Also combat doesnt do much other than seeing a few battle-fuck scenes and gameover scenes for bosses. This is probably the biggest differences to Shimobashira games.

Plot: 2/5, Nothing to write home about, and the lewd crest thing is weird, but at least there are multiple endings, and bad ending will send you back to just before the event after you watch it, which is a good QoL.

Sound: 3/5
    , no dialogues but there are sounds in sex scenes, which is a huge plus.

Scene Count & Frequency: 4.5/5. You have the usual monster scenes, and plenty more in town. Scenes are locked behind different levels of Corruption similar to Shimobashira games, so no, you cant really force her into a whore immediately after walking out of tutorial, which is good. Would have been better if there are more combat/monster scenes but eh it's fine.

Scene Variation: 4.5/5, follows a very similar style to Shimobashira games and some common troupe. You have the usual massage parlor, maid, brothel, stuck in a wall, drugs, random harassment on the road, etc etc

Overall ~3.5/5, will give 4 star cause its still a game I enjoyed enough that Im willing to play multiple endings. But if you just want a full-save that is also fine. I dont think you are missing out on too much.

At the end of day, if you really want a meaty RPG, this isnt one, at least not to the level of Shimobashira and OneOne1 games. But hey, the more HRPGS the merrier.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

HWarriorX

The gameplay is good and the art style is close to ONE1ONE games. It was multiple endings. The living clothes aren't implemented a lot and there aren't many H scenes, that I was expecting with lewd crest.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

ryuujinx

It's solid. It gets a 4 because most games are just utter garbage, my standards really have slipped.

Translation: Solid, didn't notice any issues or stray untranslated text. A few things got messed up here and there with item names, but not a huge deal and the dialogue is well done.

Story: Your country got taken over by another country led by a Saintess, who has been trying to get rid of all the old nobility. Your dad gets murdered and the leadership of the house falls on you, the Saintess sends you on a mission to go investigate a magic stone. But shock, it was actually a setup to frame you as a traitor and get you executed. You use your latent magic to teleport out, and then have to go find all the magic stones to break her immortality and save the day. There are multiple ends, based entirely on the state of a lewd crest that you have to go do an optional event to even get as well as if you beat the final boss or not.

Gameplay: It's an RPGM game. Mash attack, occasionally heal. It has a clothes damage into battlefuck system, but it's pretty whatever. The enemies start fucking you and attack is replaced with struggle, which has a chance to break out of it while doing about half damage. If you fail to do so for a few rounds in a row, she cums and is stunned for a turn before returning to a normal stance. It's better then nothing, but not all that exciting.

H-Content/Art: I like her design a lot. The scenes are basically in two sections - dungeons and town. The dungeon sections each have a pair of defeat scenes to minor enemies, one for the boss and then some of trap that you can "accidentally" fall into (I mean, it's marked with a heart, you know what you're doing). It's fine, canonically the boss stuff doesn't happen and is a soft bad end that gives you a game over screen before placing you right before the boss room again which I guess let's them be pretty degenerate with what those boss events look like. The town side on the other hand is fairly varied, there's some prostitution, working as a maid, working as a bunny girl in a bar, the shady massage guy. stuck in a wall, a brothel that leads off with a hot bondage+toys scene, etc.

Other thoughts: I find it really weird how the lewd crest is entirely missable, yet all of the endings are tied to it. It's kinda funny that you could go through the entire game, banging everything with a pulse and still get the good end because you never did the lewd crest event. Also while the crest shows up in the art after you get it, outside of a few scenes where it flares up and she needs to go relieve herself it doesn't really change much. It's just a little counter in a screen that changes your endings if it gets to 100. Still, I do like lewd crest gimmicks so I at least appreciate them trying to incorporate it into the game at all rather then some one-off scene.

Overall, pretty solid. Worth your time if you like corruption (But don't expect a slow burn) or monsters/tentacles.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

BlueElectricCar

I'd say it's a pretty good RPG game, full of H content.

I wouldn't call it excellent as I feel like some parts are lacking (you barely can change clothing, it's boring to get all the endings on one save,...)
    But it's pretty good nonetheless, the story is simple and the art is great. There is content hidden everywhere so I quite liked it!
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Shadowraven

The game's artwork is beautiful, but the gameplay lacks substance, which left me uninterested in completing it.

Combat follows the typical RPGM style, with a clothing mechanic that falls short in execution. Enemies shred your clothing within the first few turns of battle, leaving you torn between attempting a clean playthrough by repairing it or battling on naked. Adding to the frustration, enemies transition to lust-based attacks after only a couple of regular strikes or will beginning combat with it, forcing you into repetitive struggles to fend them off. This mechanic, while intriguing in theory, often devolves into a cycle of struggling and taking damage while dealing half of your normal damge.

While the game has impressive artwork and voice acting, it ultimately falls short of its potential. Despite a lack of noticeable grammatical errors or bugs during my playtime, I cannot in good conscience recommend it. Despite its visual and auditory polish, the core gameplay mechanics fail to deliver an enjoyable experience.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

stewaway

Such another lovely game from o_m, I bought their past official game on steam and really appreciate the effort they put in the product. I really love the art and voice in the game. The storyline seems to be like other games but the art really stand out for me. Keep up the good work
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Az~Hina

I played this game through m tool when it was a first released, actually very good game that gives me nostalgia of old school female protag games, but with a better engine

+art
    +story
    +mc is very hot

=very standard corruption system

theres nothing negative i can say about this game, i played it from beginning to end with no issues
  8. 3.00 star(s)

doppio2222

Rafika and the Seal of Wedge is a very traditional H fantasy RPG game. It follows a very simple plot, but there isn't anything wrong with that. The art is great and holds up very well, the pacing is quick and simple if that's what you're looking for (took me 2 and a half hours to beat in a virgin run), the gameplay surprisingly doesn't drag for the short length and though the writing isn't anything out of the world, it doesn't try to be more than what it is. And there's voice effects. which is a nice treat.

In a growing sea of AI slop, we're given something that goes back to a simpler time. It isn't a game you have to think too deeply about and is quite a breeze, but it isn't by any means bad.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Ezengrane

If you are looking for monster content, this is one of best in my book. It's basic, but not lazy - plenty of scenes, battlefuck, corruption + scene progression. It has your standard prostitution events too, but there are plenty of other games which do it better.
    Yeah, plot could be something more interesting, but oh well, nobody is here for that.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

onore

I dig this.
    If you've played tower of ardia, this follows the same formula as the previous game.

-combat is what I;d expect and also enjoy playing.
    -optional virgin run
    -has multiple outfits they're locked behind certain scenes/conditions so you can't change at will.
    -basic corruption
    -great artwork
    -milly from the first game makes a cameo
  11. 4.00 star(s)

peperino1234

Pretty good H-RPG. Nice art, decent plot (by the standards of the genre anyway) and actual battlefuck mechanics.
    It does nothing extraordinary or revolutionary but it's well made and definitely worth a playthrough (which makes it better than 95% of the crap posted here).

The only thing I found bizarre is that the ending isn't affected by how much sex the protagonist has, only by how much sex she has while under the lewd crest curse. But getting such crest is not only optional but easy to miss.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

shundi82

Before I get to justify my 2 star rating, I'd like to thank dazedanon for his work. If it weren't for him, we'd miss out on quite a few games (or wait forever for the translation) - and buried within those are some neat gems.

Sadly, this isn't one of them - so I don't quite understand the 4+ star ratings.

This game tries to hide the fact, that it's boring, dull and samey with some parallex mapping and airbrushed images.

But that just can't hide the fact, that it's super linear, pretty short, has a boring story, boring maps, boring combat (even at normal difficulty you can just run past all regular enemies and still win against the bosses by spamming attack + occasional healing).

And last but def. not least:
    The H content + corruption is boring, too.
    I can't really put my finger on the "why", but I've seen way worse graphics, which still had more allure than this.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

dreminh

A short and solid RPGM game with nice art and casual element , a pretty simple female lead corruption and a simple story intergrate well with Hentai element , you clear the dungeon and there lose /rape screen and do some job .
    overall very enjoyable game that all just the previous game from this dev , nothing ground breaking whatsoever ,there option from the beginning for god gear and unlock all CG as well .if the art can be decensored would be great
  14. 5.00 star(s)

welehcool123

Battlefuck with goblins, orcs, humans, slimes & tentacles.
    Several Sex & Prostitution events in the city & slums.
    Clothes could be torn.
    Corruption progression.
    5-6 Hours for 100% completion.

While it's not a masterpiece, it's still a great game for those looking for jerk-off material
  15. 4.00 star(s)

furtherB

- i like the story which is not one of the copy paste RPGM scenarios
    - art is good
    - japanese voice acting is exist
    - i didn't face any lag problems,game works smooth
    - you can check story and first boss fight form that gameplay
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQtmEiUpYrw
  16. 2.00 star(s)

linksterboy

This is pretty soul-less.

The game has the barest narritive driving the game forward. Little to no links between what sexual events are happening and the plot at large.

The game plays like you are playing a regular RPG, then looking at rule34 of the characters every couple of minutes, which incidentally, Is probably a better experience.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Nexus360

Good game, the combat system reminds me of Karyn's Prison. There is only pregnancy in game overs. The corruption is decently interactive, but it could be better. Over all, This game is a very solid choice as far as RPG's go.