RPGM - Completed - Rakuen - Rakuen [v1.00] [POTENCY]

1. 2.00 star(s)

spacezombie

It sadly has too many problems.

The art is really good and the MC looks really cute.

The story is good I felt really bad for the MC.

And the music is just amazing and fits perfectly it often gives a very oppresive feel even when it is supposed to sound more cheerful, it still sounds kinda creepy , which is just amazing.

But the rest of the game is really bad.

First is the horrible translation, the words are annoyingly spaced out and a lot of the menu texted aren´t even translated at all, the overall quality of the translations is also just terrible.

And then the in my opinion worst part of the game is the combat. It just feels wrong and out of place and makes the whole game a lot worse. First the gameplay is just boring standart RPG makerv fights wg´hich is bad enough, but I just hate that there is combat at all, because it kinda ruins the feeling of powerless and hopelessness the MC is and the player should feel, because I can´t immerse myself in her situation when I know that there are always some random homeless people and punks who will rape any girl they see. It makes it feel like a world where rape is nothing horrific instead just something that happens everynight, which makes me care about the MC sister even less because I don´t buy that any girl has a "innocent" life in this town.

But I still liked a lot about the story because it is very cruel in a realistic way especially the stuff with the Uncle, I just wish the cartoony rape night wasn´t there.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Biscuits5410

I'll try to make this spoiler free

This is an incredible idea for a game!
    The translations are AWFUL. You can't make sense of anything, so you end up just having to skip all the text and reading the hint items. Except you can't even skip by holding control so you have to hold CTRL+W/space, great.

You can easily miss a ton of story because the day cycles are so short you end up skipping days while running around, and not making it back to your bed to trigger events.

There's only like 6 boring scenes in the entire game. I know, mind blowing. Don't believe me? Open the pictures folder in the www directory. The majority of the time you just get a really really bad 3 centimeter large pixel art.

Did I mention you can't see at all in the game? The UI on the top left is HUGE, but not as big as your character taking up the ENTIRE RIGHT SIDE. Awful, how did this happen?

There's so many more problems I have with the game but this is mostly what I can think of that's spoiler free.

Really good idea, poorly executed.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

ImplicitlyLewd

I see some potential here but the translation is straight dogshit, honestly ignore that it says edited MTL it might as well not be. I can't really tell if the game is a gem or not until its properly translated. What I will say though, is that so far the gameplay seems promising to an extent. My overall thoughts is that its not a waste of time or unplayable.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

obromacare

It's frustrating, because it deserves to be 5 stars but is bogged down by multiple things.

Pros:
    -Corruption seems to be good
    -Sandbox game without time restrictions (mostly)
    -FMC is resistant to sex
    -No "You lost a fight? Game over: start over at your last save."

Cons:
    -Every movement you make, theres this rustling of clothes. It doesnt sound much, but it gets seriously annoying after 10 steps. Then you realize that you need to walk 1k steps, and it feels worse.
    -Random spacing in mediocre translation. So a sentence might read out like " Buts he said t hat it w ould be only 1000 d ollars!".
    -No proper guidemap, so walk around aimlessly
    -UI is left untranslated for the most part, which is EXTREMELY frustrating because she develops status effects that play heavily into the story. Horniness, stink, etc. Each status effect changes her portrait and unlocks events, but you don't know which is which. You might be stinky, but you could misread it as horny, and end up walking around smelling like anime convention 2023.
    -Every time you die (which will be a LOT), you lose all your money and belongings.
    -If you go insane (which is a LOT, since you are a druggie), you end up having to fight your delusions every 30 steps. It's a guaranteed win essentially, but it's pretty much an unskippable 10 second cutscene.

Subjective:
    -There really isn't a happy ending. Pretty much all dudes are scummy.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    If you've ever read 177073, its pretty much like a hentai game of that doujin.

This could have been a really cool corruption game where we see a girl fall to drug addiction, but it's filled with things that bog it down tremendously, be it translation or poor gameplay choices. Would love a proper translation for this game.