• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Random Video Player (v1.40) - The best way to view your insane collections of videos and images

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
Hey, thanks for your feedback.

Do you mean like, filtering certain file types to be ignored during playback?
In both playback and in adding to lists, but mainly the latter. Since I have a relatively gigantic archive I just add the entire folder into the list, so I'm thinking maybe there's a way to either search file types and delete them from the list or have the app automatically catch and exclude them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Peanutccino

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
New update 1.40 released! It's a bigger version jump since I've added a lot of good stuff!

Completely new settings UI that doesn't look ass:

NewSettingsPaths.png

Settings are now categorized and more descriptions are added within the settings tab itself.

All new filter system, that let's you choose definitve extensions instead of the simplified "image/video files" from before. You can now choose where to apply the filter.

NewSettingsPlayer.png

All new Hotkey manager system. It let's you customize most of the used hotkeys to your personal likings. It allows for most keyboard keys and combinations with the default modifiers.

NewSettingsHotkeys.png

Within the about page, you can now check whether a newer version of RVP is available! (No update function, RVP only checks for an update when clicking the button)

NewSettingsAbout.png

Revamped the Listbrowser a bit by adding filters below. Depending on the chosen extensions, only files that match are shown in the browser. Also only those that match are added to the custom list.

I've also created icons for each file type and added a corresponding function to show each file as their corresponding type. This helps with visual clarity when browsing through files. Still not 100% happy with the current layout but I'm always happy for suggestions!

NewListBrowser.png

Thanks a lot for all the feedback so far! More often than not, you provided helpful additions I didn't think before and pushed me to improve on RVP. I'm always happy to hear from you, so again thanks!

As always, grab the latest version from my GitHub page:

Note: You only need the latest RandomVideoPlayer.exe & RandomVideoPlayer.dll from the .zip. Just replace your current ones with the latest. All settings are stored locally in the “RVP-Config.json” file.