RAR file is Damaged or In Unknown Format

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
I don't know if this is me being stupid or I am doing something wrong, but recently I felt like doing a throwback of some of the previous Japanese RPGM H-Games I've played so I downloaded it again from here again. But for some reason, when I try to extract it, I can't even open the rar file. It says "Archive is either in unknown format or damaged".
Here's the thing, I've already played it before and I've also downloaded it here. I haven't even changed any of my previous settings when I first got it. Am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: MatthewFairy

if95

May 3, 2017
upgrade to RAR5

I recommend

Bandizip : All-In-One Free Zip Archiver
Bandizip is a lightweight, fast and free All-In-One Zip Archiver.
Bandizip has a very fast Zip algorithm for compression & extraction with Fast Drag and Drop, High Speed Archiving, and Multi-core compression. It handles the most popular compression formats, including Zip, 7z, Rar, and so on.

Reactions: MatthewFairy

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
1) Make sure you have the latest version of your compression software
2) Your computer may have had it's file extension associations changed. Right click on the game's .exe file --> choose "Open with..." --> choose your compression software.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Get the winrar one for your OP system

Also get 7zip

Install both then try again.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Well, I tried all three programs. Bandizip and 7zip worked nicely but the same error shows when I used WinRAR
Thanks for letting us know and I figured 7zip would worked and is why I link to it also.

nat0902

Aug 6, 2017
Okay maybe one of you can help me out. So first I have a mac. For whatever reason I can't play the Rar file games. I went and bought Bandzip for mac but even that doesn't do the job. So what happens is it unpacks everything but when I click to play the game it says "the application "x" can't be opened at this time." but it says that for each one of them. When I go into the games that don't work and the ones that don't there is generally a white page image in the Macos folder where the one that do work have an exec file instead. Any thoughts?