Rates for recruitment & services

MoPoRoNo

Apr 17, 2020
I'm just a random nobody with some programming experience. I have ideas, as everyone does, but I don't have the fortitude to go through a full game project yet.
To ask, what are the monetary rates per asset?
CG: drawn and anime style. per base image? per variation of a base image? per time?
Sprites: does the same artist for CG work on sprites too?
Writing: per word? per time?
Audio (BGM): per track? per time?
Partial voice acting and voice SFX: short utterances to give characterization, and moans and sounds of copulation

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I'm just a random nobody with some programming experience. I have ideas, as everyone does, but I don't have the fortitude to go through a full game project yet.
CG: drawn and anime style. per base image? per variation of a base image? per time?
Partial voice acting and voice SFX: short utterances to give characterization, and moans and sounds of copulation
Differs from artist to artist. What is the saying again? You get what you pay for.. Patreon is full of artists that does commission work. If you going to commission an artist to make all the graphics for a full game of any length worth it's salt. You are looking at thousands... not hundreds...

Just start look around patreon and start contact artists and ask for price rates and sample of their work.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Differs from artist to artist. What is the saying again? You get what you pay for.. Patreon is full of artists that does commission work. If you going to commission an artist to make all the graphics for a full game of any length worth it's salt. You are looking at thousands... not hundreds...

Just start look around patreon and start contact artists and ask for price rates and sample of their work.
Possibly tens of thousands, most likely, assuming it's got a decent amount of content/length. I mean, for a good while, my older brother was illustrating for children's books and his minimum was around $500 per illustration. Obviously digital art changed the medium and thus drove costs down, but you're still gonna have to pay up for a good artist regardless.

Reactions: MoPoRoNo

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Possibly tens of thousands, most likely, assuming it's got a decent amount of content/length. I mean, for a good while, my older brother was illustrating for children's books and his minimum was around $500 per illustration. Obviously digital art changed the medium and thus drove costs down, but you're still gonna have to pay up for a good artist regardless.
Also make sure to contact an artist that does nudity and adult work. Contact one that does artwork for children might not be the best choice for an adult game :ROFLMAO: If you going to commission artwork for a entire game, I wouldn't be surprised if the artist start bill per hour, and not per illustration/render (whatever).

Jun 25, 2018
I've charged a minimum of $10 USD per 1000 words, up to $25 USD per 1000 words.
A number of factors going into the price were length, general interest/difficulty in the story, how much freedom I get with the story, repeat customer, and if allowed to be shown publicly some time afterwards.

If you're contracting a writer, I'd advise getting a portfolio of their work. It can be as simple as asking for a link to their Lit/Hentai Foundry/etc profile to read what they've done and get a taste of their style. If they are not willing to provide samples that is a big red flag. You also do not want to waste time hiring someone whose work you don't like.
Lastly, make sure you put on paper what the rates are, and a timeline. I won't lie, creative types can get moody so having a schedule can help prod them into productivity.

Reactions: FromOtherSpace
Aug 28, 2021
Hi

Mostly per word or per character for press standard (1 column as x characters, so you pay to fill a part of a column or more. It work for web articles too)
You should ask for a range of characters if you want a standardized display, for your "printed" dialogs as an example.