sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Ah! I misunderstood you - yes, you will be able to change paths (so to speak) if you want to.
Awesome, glad to hear it!
If I could make a suggestion on that front - it'd be especially great if you could choose to only have actual sex with her anally, but sneak some of your cum into her vag while she's sleeping (is the PC capable of jerking off?) so she thinks anal really did get her pregnant ;)

Reactions: 4MinuteWarning

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
I like the game so far, though it is bare bones(as expected of such an early build).
I do, however have a few points worth mentioning,
To me it wasn't entirely clear that finding a lair would end the chapter, this might leave players with less time than expected.
In the forest scene, if you rescue the huntress, it gives an error saying that it's missing "huntress shout"(or something like that).
I fear that a no strength "run", for lack of a better word, might be unfeasible or excessively difficult as I have found numerous paths accessible only through strength, but none excessively for charm. I bring this up because I often prefer a "softer" approach to this kind of game and I worry that it might not be viable.
Lastly, a nitpick. The regents face looks very young for a middle-aged man.
P.S. I may sound overly negative or critical, and I may very well be, but it is mostly because I like where this game is headed so far.
TLDR: Hope there will be a nice route and keep up the good work.

syllvos

Aug 22, 2016
I was very impressed by this game! It has great bones to work off of. Really looking forward to future updates.
I'd echo the concerns about the scenes being somewhat similar so far in art and blurred (the writing is great though which more than made up for it for me). It also might make sense to have them select the rape/others switches on game start, as I somehow missed them for about half my first run.

Also as previously mentioned finding a lair ending the chapter was unexpected and might warrant a warning.

Overall loved it!

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
There just seems to be some biologically insurmountable issues with the idea of a giant dragon shoving a dong as big as a buick into a humanoid female.

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Holy shit, I complained about not being able to save the huntress and you added that as an option in the first freaking update!
It was a great (and popular) idea, so I wanted to get it in as soon as possible! Getting feedback and new concepts is a major driver for sharing the concept release, and it's really motivating to have community responses.

Hm... I love writing. I don't want it to feel like a job either, so I'm not going to promise to be consistent at all, but if you're really thirsty PM me on what sort of scenes you need.
Ah, that would be fantastic! I'm also keen to let folks exercise their own creative muscles, so if there's a variant on an existing scene that you'd like added, have a play and I'll be keen to work it in.

If I could make a suggestion on that front - it'd be especially great if you could choose to only have actual sex with her anally, but sneak some of your cum into her vag while she's sleeping (is the PC capable of jerking off?) so she thinks anal really did get her pregnant ;)
Hahaha, that's brilliant, and very on-theme for the fangirl. I'll add it!

To me it wasn't entirely clear that finding a lair would end the chapter, this might leave players with less time than expected.
In the forest scene, if you rescue the huntress, it gives an error saying that it's missing "huntress shout"(or something like that).
I fear that a no strength "run", for lack of a better word, might be unfeasible or excessively difficult as I have found numerous paths accessible only through strength, but none excessively for charm. I bring this up because I often prefer a "softer" approach to this kind of game and I worry that it might not be viable.
Lastly, a nitpick. The regents face looks very young for a middle-aged man.
P.S. I may sound overly negative or critical, and I may very well be, but it is mostly because I like where this game is headed so far.
Not too negative or critical at all! They're good points.

1. I'll add a clarifying line to the Chapter II splash. It will also be possible to go back in Chapter III and experience encounters that you missed originally.
2. Thanks for the spot! I'll fix it.
3. I'm keen to explore more friendly (or gently coercive) options as the game progresses, and the communication gap closes. Do you have any ideas of what you'd like to see?
4. Agreed, it's a limitation of the app I used to make the placeholder portraits. When the finished art goes in, I'll have something more appropriate.

It also might make sense to have them select the rape/others switches on game start, as I somehow missed them for about half my first run.
That's a good idea, and will give me the chance to expand my knowledge of UI scripting!

wanted to ask but would there be anthro like creatures in ur game
I'm not sure; I'm neither into anthro stuff nor against it. Sell me on the idea! What would you want to see, and how would you imagine them being implemented?

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Not too negative or critical at all! They're good points.

1. I'll add a clarifying line to the Chapter II splash. It will also be possible to go back in Chapter III and experience encounters that you missed originally.
2. Thanks for the spot! I'll fix it.
3. I'm keen to explore more friendly (or gently coercive) options as the game progresses, and the communication gap closes. Do you have any ideas of what you'd like to see?
4. Agreed, it's a limitation of the app I used to make the placeholder portraits. When the finished art goes in, I'll have something more appropriate.
Firstly, thanks for the quick response
1. That should work just fine.
2. You're welcome
3. Good to hear! I think an angle were the dragon leads a rebellion against the regent would be pretty interesting. Maybe an alliance with a noble house or neighboring country to overthrow the regent could also work.
4. I wasn't aware that you were going to add art, when do you expect to have the first art added? I have also seen this app used before and generally wasn't a fan of what it produces but the regent was just a bit to much for me to not mention it.

P.S. Any idea when we can expect the next release?

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
I'm working with an artist to get portraits done - here's a preview of the Chapter I characters! These are just pencils, but hopefully they should give you an idea:

AGDM pencils.jpg

Art is expensive and time-consuming though, so I'm not sure when I'll be ready to do a full graphics overhaul.

I'm most of the way through the lair codebase, and have written some of the lair-specific sidequests. After that I have to refactor the existing encounters, add the ones specific to chapter 3, and do the kidnapping interactions. There's quite a lot there, so it may be some time before version 2.0 comes out. However! I'm keen to keep adding new content in the meantime, and several people have offered to help with the writing - so you can probably expect a minor release every few weeks.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
3. Good to hear! I think an angle were the dragon leads a rebellion against the regent would be pretty interesting. Maybe an alliance with a noble house or neighboring country to overthrow the regent could also work.
There certainly ought to be a fair few nobles unhappy with his de facto usurpation of power - whether out of good old-fashioned rivalry, sincere belief in proper royal succession, sundry other gripes or any combination thereof. Actually contacting and making common cause with such malcontents might be somewhat tricky given Our Scaly (anti-)Hero doesn't exactly move in polite society, ofc...

A foreign power naturally carries the risk of the native interest groups taking exception at such outside meddling and closing ranks behind the regent - think Hundred Years' War which went from a routine enough feudal squabble into a major war of succession into the genesis of two separate major national identities for an extreme example of how such matters can spiral out of control... or more prosaically the only too common snag of the intervening party figuring they might as well stop backing a pretender and just take over themselves; a fair few realms got finished that way IRL.

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
I'm keen to write a variety of methods for Chapter 4, where you'll overthrow the regent at last. You'll be able to combine diplomacy (there are nobles, foreign powers, and other forces with an interest in the throne), force (the wolfkin, wisps, centaurs, and the minotaurs of the peaks are all recruitable), and corruption (kidnapped maidens can be turned to your cause, or used to bargain for the allegiance of others). The approaches you take will have significance in Chapter 5, when you decide how to rule your roost - and the fates of the people involved.

Reactions: sdibolcrif

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
There certainly ought to be a fair few nobles unhappy with his de facto usurpation of power - whether out of good old-fashioned rivalry, sincere belief in proper royal succession, sundry other gripes or any combination thereof. Actually contacting and making common cause with such malcontents might be somewhat tricky given Our Scaly (anti-)Hero doesn't exactly move in polite society, ofc...

A foreign power naturally carries the risk of the native interest groups taking exception at such outside meddling and closing ranks behind the regent - think Hundred Years' War which went from a routine enough feudal squabble into a major war of succession into the genesis of two separate major national identities for an extreme example of how such matters can spiral out of control... or more prosaically the only too common snag of the intervening party figuring they might as well stop backing a pretender and just take over themselves; a fair few realms got finished that way IRL.
I just came up with these of the top of my head, so thanks for adding a bit more detail and direction.
With the foreign powers or the nobles there could be a risk of backstabbing or them taking the throne for them self.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
I'm working with an artist to get portraits done - here's a preview of the Chapter I characters! These are just pencils, but hopefully they should give you an idea:

View attachment 268204

Art is expensive and time-consuming though, so I'm not sure when I'll be ready to do a full graphics overhaul.

I'm most of the way through the lair codebase, and have written some of the lair-specific sidequests. After that I have to refactor the existing encounters, add the ones specific to chapter 3, and do the kidnapping interactions. There's quite a lot there, so it may be some time before version 2.0 comes out. However! I'm keen to keep adding new content in the meantime, and several people have offered to help with the writing - so you can probably expect a minor release every few weeks.
I know it's just a sketch but the art looks pretty good!
It could just be me but the regents head seems a little too big for his body, this could just be because it's a sketch but I thought I should mention it just in case.

Blissfill

Sep 5, 2018
I was gonna call you out about not crediting using artwork but... I see you are going to make your own! The sketches look awesome! I'm gonna wait for the sketches to be implemented cuz i don't like the idea of using Rinmaru right now. However this game seems interesting. I shall be back one day!

Regula

Jan 22, 2018
Holy shit I got so into it I forgot to drink my tea XD. Nice game! Also, can you tell me how I can meet that white haired girl in one of the screenshots?

Ah, can't wait to get to shapeshift. It'll be like Jaryuu Tensei, except not terrible xD.

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
I was gonna call you out about not crediting using artwork but... I see you are going to make your own! The sketches look awesome! I'm gonna wait for the sketches to be implemented cuz i don't like the idea of using Rinmaru right now. However this game seems interesting. I shall be back one day!
Ah! Thank you for the spot, I'd completely overlooked that - I'll get it added to the credits until the new art is implemented.

Holy shit I got so into it I forgot to drink my tea XD. Nice game! Also, can you tell me how I can meet that white haired girl in one of the screenshots?
I'm glad you liked it! To meet the abbess, visit the Monastery in the Mountains.

Reactions: Regula

sora21345

Oct 28, 2017
you could have the humans look down on the anthro as lower class specie's and the anthro i would like to see would be bear,wolf,deer, or lions also horse as well

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Art is expensive
And this is why I wish you some way to donate - I know you said you don't want the project to turn into a job, but a tip-jar kind of approach (via itch.io maybe? I know there are other options but can't think of them offhand) would at least let us help with the cost of commissions.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Damn, really liking the game so far, especially the characters and the story. A problem tho. I have NO IDEA what I'm doing. Not sure whether some options are unavailable yet for it's just hard to keep track of stats and all that. For example, I can't seem to save the huntress with strength or charm. And when I checked the game folder and found that there's images, found out that there was more content than I've found and had no idea how to get to it. A HUGE bonus tho is the voice acting. That was so unexpected and to such a scope (almost everyone is somewhat voice acted), found it really cool. Can't wait for future releases, preferably maybe with a guide.
Oh and if there's a way to throw cash to fund a pile of gold for our scaled protagonist to sit on, sign me up!

Regula

Jan 22, 2018
Ah! Thank you for the spot, I'd completely overlooked that - I'll get it added to the credits until the new art is implemented.

I'm glad you liked it! To meet the abbess, visit the Monastery in the Mountains.
But I only get to choose "try your luck elsewhere"

Reactions: Farout03
4.60 star(s) 198 Votes