VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.60E] [Purplehat Productions]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
u3D4Ha.jpg

Overview:
Mistress Red, a famous internet dominatrix and hypnotist has been kidnapped...and you are responsible...
This game explores what things would be like if real mind control devices existed.

What kind of person would use them?
What would motivate them?
What would they do after using it?
And... would they have a chance at redemption?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2024-03-27
Release Date: 2024-03-27
Developer: Purplehat Productions - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.60E
Language: English
Other Games: Dr. Valarie Sex Therapist
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux/Mac
: - - - -
Android: - - - -

Extras:
Path flow chart

qypmH8.jpg 051.jpg screenshot0001.jpg screenshot0002.jpg basementbrainwash1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Mistress Red is in your clutches. Do you go through with it and brainwash her?
Or do you let her go and learn more about the human behind the persona?
And then brainwash her. Right? Because it's more fun when you know what you're brainwashing. More effective, too.

Anywho, sounds fun. Let's give it a try.

Shockz

Sep 19, 2018
Too wholesome, dick is confused, feel like the mind control route just leads up to a bad ending anyway. Still liked it.

Maswoo

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I got Malware.Ransom.Agent.Generic from malwarebytes running the exe from the gofile link.

SweetPhil

May 27, 2018
Offtopic, but as I notice the name of the game:

"We crawl on our knees for you
Under a sky no longer blue
We sweat all day long for you
But we sow seeds to see us through
'Cause sometimes dreams just don't come true
We wait to reap what we are due"

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Dangit, protagonist, I told you the brainwashing works better if you get to know them first. So, the game seems like it's following Penlight's example so far, in that it focuses on morality and tries to make the protagonist feel like shit if he goes through with the brainwashing. At least in the one-and-a-half routes available in the current version. Although it does go more explicit with the sexual content than Penlight, especially in the brainwash route. Right now the only path that goes all the way to an ending is the "don't brainwash her" route, and while there are hints of other path splits that could lead to you using the helmet again, it's more or less a straightforward non-brainwash route for now (with minor elements of the protagonist getting hypnotized and slightly dommed, although the apparent path split that would take him on the "become a sub" route doesn't give you the option to do so yet). There are four endings to that route, but only because of a set of decisions you make at the very end, and the only difference is the text in the epilogue, so I'd count it as being four variations of the same ending. The brainwashing route is incomplete, and once again hints at possible splits where you can take things in a different direction, but is currently heading down a "protagonist is completely evil but also unable to be satisfied with his conquests because he was too evil about it" direction. It does seem like there's another unimplemented path split in between deciding to go through with the brainwashing and actually doing it, so hopefully there will be a route where he thinks things through, talks with her about the best way to brainwash her while leaving most of her personality intact, and just turns her into his devoted girlfriend-slave (and accomplice). But if this is anything like Penlight, the dev might deliberately want to avoid having a route where the protagonist "gets it right" and gets a brainwashed slave who he's actually satisfied with. Well, hopefully they're open to making a route that falls in between the two extremes and lets the protagonist learn some of the important lessons of the game's core theme while still getting to do some brainwashing, possibly with the help of a brainwashed Rachel who loves him too much to let him destroy himself.

Anywho, so far the game has potential, but I can only cross my fingers and hope that one of its future routes ends up being the kind that would satisfy me.

Last edited:

Kay_Kay

Aug 31, 2019
Ok, i like what i'm seeing so far. Though the one thing i didn't like that much is if we go down the brainwash route the protagonist no matter what i pick starts feeling like shit. Now that's not a problem if i can still keep picking how far i want him to go but i really hope it doesn't throw me straight into a bad ending just because i wanted to see some of the darker content in the next version.

Otherwise things look good, i like it a lot. I would recommend changing the game picture though, i feel like this game deserves more attention but an empty chair isn't exactly going to catch someone's eye, even if it fits the theme of the game. I would know since i almost skipped this game due to the picture attached to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grelk

Kay_Kay

Aug 31, 2019
I want to add another comment because now that i'm rereading the first one i felt like i was complaining a bit too much. I want to make something clear: I reallly enjoyed this game, I think it has great potential and i'm excited for the next update.

What I liked: From the looks of it, the game allows you to play it however you want. I'm interested in the darker content and the brainwashing route so i haven't tested out the other options, but it does look like you can choose to avoid that should you want to do so.

The art, some might not like it but i did. It's nice, kind of unique and it suits the game for some odd reason.

The themes, yes, yes, yes. Brainwashing, domination and more than anything else the bondage. Bondage focused games are not at all common so i wouldn't mind seeing more focus on that and other BDSM related fetishes too.

There's nothing i disliked too much about the game other than the ending of chapter three, it felt weird and out of nowhere considering how the main character had been acting (i'm talking about the brainwashing route) but i will wait to see the fourth chapter before making assumptions.

As long as i don't get a bad ending out of nowhere just because i choose to go down the path of darker content then this sure looks like a promising game. I'll be waiting for more updates!

P.S Leaving out the MC'S weird one eighty at the end of chapter three in the brainwashing route, the MC was quite a breath of fresh air when comparing him to other similar games. Calculated, had things planned out from the start and is willing to adapt depending on the new chances he gets. It's hard to get a good grasp on him because he's... Consistently inconsistent, if that makes sense.

Sometimes he behaves amazingly and in a cold, calculating manner, but others he just starts feeling depressed about his actions despite the fact that his actions up to that moment don't show the image of a person that should be feeling depressed.

But other than that, great!

Reactions: BDGamer

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Ahem.

And why yes, this is the purple hat that is developing Re Education. You can make a topic on Re Education's itch.io page and the hat will verify it.

The hat strongly suggests that if you want to download this game, get it from itch.io, that way there's no malware.

Reactions: Kay_Kay

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
There's nothing i disliked too much about the game other than the ending of chapter three, it felt weird and out of nowhere considering how the main character had been acting (i'm talking about the brainwashing route) but i will wait to see the fourth chapter before making assumptions.
If you play through the non-brainwashing route the protagonist's reaction makes more sense, and the game's overall themes become more apparent. The thing he's really looking for is something he can't get from a mindless drone, so he's pretty much guaranteed to feel like shit in that particular route. The brainwashing route had actually been setting that up from the start, so it isn't a complete 180. Having skimmed through it again, you can see it with his reaction to Rachel's mindless confession in the prologue, and in Chapter 2 with how he quickly loses interest in her and starts focusing on Kylie.

Last edited:

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Edit: To make things easier to understand, note that Rachel's dead brother Chris is meant to be a mirror for the protagonist. So the story she tells in the chair is relevant to more than just her own backstory.
Spoiler, spoiler, spoiler!

Well, such things can't be helped.

Oh, and again, if you want to make sure the copy you have is safe, just download it from itch.io.

Reactions: czertik and Kay_Kay
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes