Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
They are actively trying to have development cycles. The previous was a demo without any indication for the story or the characters. This is supposed to be some indication of the series they want to do one episode per update, possibly like the sections you unlock in gta or ass cree by furthering the game play.

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
Ok, not going to download 2GB to test 10 minutes of game. :D

So here I'm asking out of curiosity: my first impression was that this kind of game, if it will ever be finished, will be like the infamous "walking simulators": a lot of time wasted running around, battling against the "environment" and solving senseless puzzles, for the content that in a pure VN requires 1/10th of the time to be reached. Was this impression confirmed up to now, by this release?

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
umm i see on the screens a boat and free roam...
Clickbait much?
there's literally only 1 house with 2 girls.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Is this a sandbox hunt for items to solve puzzles?
Yes! Yes it is!
Other players already expressed discontent for the many doors open and close animations one has to go through in this chapter A - Edgewood.

Smash the [e] key to open doors!

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
Full GTA V is 72 gigs. I could easily see this mushrooming up to 7 gigs before zipping. Actually a 100 GB sex game that was fully 3d would be mind-blowing.
GTA V is 72 gigs because there is so ridiculously much content. Hours upon hours of audio including voice from hundreds of voice actors, the radio stations, however they store the motion cap for the animations for the cutscenes for 100s of single player missions and same for the online missions/heists... on top of that , they almost certainly compress all of their assets.

Making a 3d game that takes up 100 gigs would not be as difficult as you think... some of the games already here are 3 gigs and that's just because they don't compress their images. if they were to just roll with extremely high resolution textures with no compression, this game could hit 100 gigs pretty fast (and would in no way be indicative of how good the game is... or even in how detailed it feels).

If you want a game that feels as good as GTA5 but it's an adult oriented game, you need the same thing GTA5 did, a AAA development TEAM with 100s of members, a multi-million dollar budget, and about 4-6 years of development. And whether it's a 5 gig game, or a 250 gig game... the quality came from the $$ and the talent, not the size of the final download.

Reactions: Siquallcdl

GopnikDude

Apr 22, 2018
Nothing much in term of content for the first release. I have to concede that it is slightly disappointing to not see any more content, apart from one (Although very good) lewd scene and not much more than about 10-15 minutes of gameplay.

The good:

Excellent environnement quality, mostly because this game doesn't reuse 3D assets and environnements seen in typical lewds games with 3D visuals. The house actually feel like a house, the bar feel like a proper bar, etc... From a purely visual aspect, this is great.

The lewd scene, extremely good, although there is only one available in 0.1. The animations themselves are excellent (And are not animations took from one of those japaneses games or from pre-made animations), there is a very good variety of positions and a softcore-hardcore options for each. Coupled with excellent 3D visuals and the ability to have a free cam for the scenes, this is a very refreshing set to see.

From what i see, it's clear the 3D animations, hard surfaces and organic surfaces are actual professional level, which is a huge contrast to most lewds games that basically take already existing 3D assets and animations, most of the time. This game actually make in-house assets and mechanics.

The bad:

The most obvious one is the very minimal amount of content, even for an 0.1. With only 2 characters (A male barman and a female gang agent/mercenary (?) ) other than the MC, there is very few dialogues and no actual choices or decisions to make, which is ironic for a game wanting to have "choice that will impact the outcome of the story". As already mentionned, only one lewd scene too, while good tho is a bit hollow, if we include also the pretty small environnement given to us, which include about a dozens buildings, only two (technically three?) having an impact.

The bugs, quirks and issues. From the random invisible walls, to the frustrating difficulty of interacting with some events (such as characters, doors and tapes) to the MC falling out of the map, it's clear there is a lack of testing and proper bug hunts, as well as a lack of refining to the various elements of the game.

My conclusion: Real Life Sunbay is a game with a potential beyond anything we know as far as lewd games goes, in term of ambitions, skills and overall feel they have given so far. That being said and while remaining optimistic, making a fully fleshed out 3D live game, with multiples events, choices/decisions impacting different parts of the story, in a open world setting, with a large variety of different characters with different animations, is a very high goal, hard to achieve even for a professional team. It is extremely ambitious, which may or may not be a good thing in many aspects, because an ambitious goal make it interesting and unique, but reaching this state successfully is gonna be very hard and take a lot of time.

Being a relatively new and unknown lewd game dev with no previous known experience in video games development, we cannot be sure they will be successful in maintaining the quality they desire to achieve, while respecting deadlines and figuring out problems as they come.

All i can say is that i'm hopeful this project works out as intended and only wish best of luck to the devs in their endeavor. BUt only the next few months will show if this game is worth the hype it is trying to grow.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I think they still treat this as a precursor show and tell of an idea from their road map.
If they were consistent with their path, this episode would be enough to stick it into the finished game.
As it is now though, as mentioned above, it just feels exactly like the tech demo ->non consequential, characters not for the final game, environments not for the final game, objects not for the final game - just the show and tell to keep supporters irking for more without actually showing growth.

Hope is for the weak and success is for the accomplished.Not sure which are they.
Nice game play. Keep up the good work!

Greywolf800a

Aug 17, 2018
So this is a modded gta right? Trying to understand how else a small team with little funding would be able to accomplish this.

Either way, hype!
Nope I dont think so well the assets are avilable mostly for free under unreal engine there are some paid assets in there but its something technically anyone could attempt not saying its easy but it is not that hard to get the basics. Most engines these days are all trying to be drag and drop and makes things easier. it is good and bad because Unity is so easy to use there are shit loads of assets flips

2.80 star(s) 44 Votes