Really, REALLY Basic Questions ...

the Morrigan

Jul 31, 2018
So I just started using Poser, and I'd really like to add some models from the Genesis line from DAZ3D. I'm wondering how to do that or if it's even possible. So my first question, I guess, would be, is Genesis like the Victoria and Michael sets from Poser, basic models that can then be modified? Or is it just a series of different, modifiable models? Or (worst, from my POV), is Genesis a set of tools available only on DAZ3D?

If it's something that can be downloaded and added to Poser, how do I do that and where do I go for it? I've looked and looked on the DAZ3D site, but have found nary a word advertising it as a separate, downloadable asset ... which makes me fear that my last, worst-case assumption is actually the case.

Help?

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I've never seen anyone discuss Poser on F95 so this probably isn't the place to ask.

The home of Poser in now Renderosity.com so their forums would be your best bet. From my understanding the G3 and G8 models do not work natively in Poser, but there are workarounds. Again, Renderosity should be the place to find that information.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I've never seen anyone discuss Poser on F95 so this probably isn't the place to ask.

The home of Poser in now Renderosity.com so their forums would be your best bet. From my understanding the G3 and G8 models do not work natively in Poser, but there are workarounds. Again, Renderosity should be the place to find that information.
I agree Boogie, it is also my understanding that Poser and Daz models were cross compatible up to the Genesis / V4,M4 series.

G2, G3 and now G8 are not compatible with Poser because Daz switched the way the bones are simulated/modelled from
"Tri-axis" to something else (or maybe vice-versa LOL).

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Here is an article on renderosity on the compatibilty between daz and poser.

In brief, poser can import genesis and gen2 figures, though a dson importer, but not newer generatons. The article suggest the use of the pz2 exporter in daz for newer figures (but I have no idea on the quality of the export)

Reactions: osanaiko