3D-Daz Rebuilding Daz Collection

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
Hey,

I had to do a new computer build and lost all my daz stuff so now I'm remaking everything but I remember I had a lot of bloated assets I never used.

My question is, should I only focus on Gen 9 at this point? Gen 8.1? Would I be shooting myself in the foot by not using Gen 8 original stuff?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
How did you lose it, exactly? Could still recover them depending on the damage/what happened.

8.1 has the skin quality of Genesis 9 with the clothing and hair backlog that comes with Genesis 8. So, if you're starting from scratch, I'd go with that. Genesis 9 looks great, but if you have issues with bloated assets, then G9 probably isn't the way to go.

Reactions: Morgan42

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
How did you lose it, exactly? Could still recover them depending on the damage/what happened.

8.1 has the skin quality of Genesis 9 with the clothing and hair backlog that comes with Genesis 8. So, if you're starting from scratch, I'd go with that. Genesis 9 looks great, but if you have issues with bloated assets, then G9 probably isn't the way to go.
I fucked up my motherboard while trying to upgrade my computer and ended taking like 2 months off to save money and got a new mega build. Theoretically, I still have the SSD that has the assets, but at this point I'm thinking maybe I should just start from scratch.

Reactions: MissFortune