Ren'Py - Completed - Reclusive Bay [v1.0] [Sacred Sage]

1. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

The story is pretty vanilla dident really do all that much for me.

Also if you arent into MILF and big tits you might as well skip this one, theres only a single girl with normal tits whos not a MILF but the little you get wont be worth the time you put in, since you got to follow a kenetic story script where you have to do everything else with the other girls just to progress with her.

The story is also verry kenetic, like when you need to hire staff you just hire the first girls you see, i mean you meet a punk girl for the first time when she is screaming at her boyfriend, without talking to her about anything at all you just hire her as a chef, if she can cook or not dosent matter apprently and she dosent really look like a chef or a waiter for that matter, but you just hire people blindly which feels stupid and pointless, even the MC think the punk girl is "fucking nuts" hes words and yet he offers her the job....i guess its to much to ask for a MC with a brain who might just ask her atleast a single question like "do you know how to cook?" before he hires her as a cook.......

Its even worse with the first girl that is stupid enough to walk into a shelf and fall on her ass, you hire her as a waiter, shes clumsy as fuck so yeah that makes total sense to give her a job as a waiter right.......
    Not only that you also invite her to live in your house, i guess its totaly normal to invite people to live in your house without knowing anything about them what so ever...

Theres also that small issue that your broke as fuck and now you have hired 2 people already which only makes you wonder if they are all happy to work for free or are you going to rob a bank to pay them i dunno alot of stuff just seems weird.

Its just really poorly written and nothing is explained to you about how you can afford to hire 2 people when your broke, and why you hire/trust crazy people you know nothing about.

I guess the real feeling you get is that the start is rushed and very little thoughts has been put into the writing its just someting that needed to be finished fast for whatever reason, which leaves alot to be desired.

MC feels boring and lame, MC ask one of the girls what deal she made with the criminal, when she tells him he dosent even blow up or say anything what so ever he just starts talking to another girl insted ignoring what he was just told, and then he just goes with the girls to a bar.
    It really makes no sense, he should be pissed off and tear her a new asshole when shes putting her self in danger, not to forget doing something illigal that could get her in jail, or in worst case get her right back in to using drugs after shes been clean for 5 years, i mean MC just dont have any brains at all, and appreently couldent care less about hes girls and this one is supposed to be the most importen girl to MC out of all of them......writing like this feels so stupid and makes no sense, atleast put some thoughts into it when making a story.
    MC just tells her that they will find a way to get her out and then goes on to party at the bar...knowing the people she works for was the same ones that got her hooked on drugs last time....how does this make any sense to anyone...and dont tell me shes doing it to protect MC they already has evidence to get them out of jail where they are also safe just saying...any idiot would have copy of that USB stick so even if first person they give it to does nothing then go to the feds, i mean one of them are a cop even, they cant be that stupid.

And of cause she ends up getting drugged up by force, not only is it just so worng its also just to stupid and MC should have known this could happen and did absolutly nothing to stop it....game really makes no sense at any point.

It also really hurts the game when the MC has 0 braincells, he confront the gangster boss and is supprise when a gun is pulled on him....and ofc MC is useless hell most times its the girls that protects MC not that other way aound.....

Normaly when you play/read an AVN you put yourself in the shoes of the MC but that really hurts in this game and you wont enjoy it what so ever, dont say you dident get warned, heres one clue as to how MC is truely brainless, after one girl gets druged by force he lets yet another girl work for the same idiots, and how about this one, a dude wants to kill you, he shoots you and you live, then a few days later you accept an invite from the same dudes that wants to kill you...and ofc you come alone....dont really need to say more do i.
    But still the freaking rescue scene....all guards are stading around looking at walls insted of stright ahead of the building they are protecting which only has one way in? and they got the back to the entrance?.......just no...

Not only that whats the point of killing off rebecca that made 0 sense, not only does MC has a clear shot at the trevor but instend of shooting he waits untill trevor kills rebecca and then he shoots trevor?

But i guess a poorly written storry had to have just as shitty ending.

Story 2/5
    It just dident do anything for me, i found it mostly boring, and alot of the things just makes no sense due to poor writing.

Graphics 3/5
    Game looks decent, i dident really like most of the girls since its pretty much only for big tit fetish MILFs which dosent do much for me.

Animations 4/5
    They look good, nothing crazy but not bad.

Music 3/5
    It has music but ive seen/heard alot better mood music, this is more or less just music without setting any kind of mood to the scenes.

Sandbox 3/5
    I feel its more annoying the fun, feels like its just there to make players waste more time in the game then needed, it has some weird hack/lockpick skills where you just spam your mouse button and its not even for anything in the main game, its just to make more money to build things, other then that its really just a map to click around on.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Jaga Telesin

Forced drug use is totally uncool, even as part of the story. Especially when it's one of the characters the MC cares most about, and would never put in that position.

You totally lost me at that point - I really don't even care about the remainder of the story after pulling something like that. Doing it to one of the more rowdy and already drug-using characters, perhaps it might fit then. But no - one star for that dick move, even if it was plot related. I totally saw it coming and would have prevented it if it were in RL. Offering zero options to get around it was inexcusable and unbelievably disappointing.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

edwards21

So I finished the game. It certainly was in no way, shape, or form a bad game. But I'd be lying if I felt it was a good one.

I'm very glad I played it. I'm also very glad I'm done with it.

Before I give a more thorough review, I want to congratulate the developer Sacred_Sage for completing the game. Making these games is a long, arduous, often thankless task, and that they stuck it out and made something complete and whole. It's a monumental task and they deserve an incredible amount of respect for undertaking it. This author delievered a completed product that was not a rush job cash grab in any way.

I've heard complaints that the game was poorly paced, but honestly I don't agree. The main narrative was paced fine. It lead to a natural climax. I'm not sure I agree with how the climax was handled, but honestly, it works well for where it was. The pieces were in place. My primary issue with the game is that other than that main narrative, there just wasn't much to do. I like sandbox games. But to make a good sandbox game, you have to have things to do. Recurring events to play with, maybe training and corrupting your girls. This game has basically none of that. It leaves an incredible amount of lost time. The world feels empty, even in the big house the MC lives in. You add a few rooms, you get maybe three scenes for those rooms and they're never seen again. There's so much potential left on the table that I felt was underutilized.

I want to like the girls more than I do. A number of them have terrific designs - Summer and Lily in particular are unnecessarily cute. But none of them have fully baked personalities. Character "development" happens far too fast to feel earned. So while the main plot is actually really well done, the individual character arcs are janky at best.

The ending is... divisive. I won't spoil why, but I get why some people are angry about it. I don't think what happens is fully earned, either good or bad. A lot of what happens I don't think was properly set up. As I said, the character arcs were janky. The ending having a few problematic swerves is a consequence of that.

There is one fairly major technical failing. As part of the "not having enough side content" issue it's actually impossible to get a couple of the optional scenes because there aren't enough ways to raise relationship stats for two of the characters to unlock those scenes. I had to use a save editor to manually change those variables to get those scenes.

Yeah, I dunno. There's a solid backing here and the creator is clearly talented. This game didn't quite land for me, but I wish them the best on the next one.

Giving it a 4/5, but a 3.5/5 is my actual score.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Forgotted

First off, the girls are all very pretty and have nice semi-unique bods. They all pretty much have their own personalities as well which is great! The backgrounds look good as well as seeming to be original.

The interface is a bit 'clunky' and annoying at times such as checking email. You also have an overview map of the city with no idea where any of the characters are. I think the Dev has changed that in his next venture which will certainly help toward the game feeling less grindy. It's still more of a kinetic novel feeling 'game' due to the seeming lack of choices that matter or seem to make any difference.

There are a few story inconsistencies that are pretty annoying however some of those might be chalked up to the software and being able to 'free roam' which makes it easier to do things out of order. It seems to happen in other games like this. Of course it could also be partly from the story telling.

The dev has started a new endeavor which will hopefully be much better. He has put a video up discussing it as well as addressing some of the quirks of this game.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

365 others

I really liked this game. Although I agree with other reviews regarding having its ending a bit choppy and even a bit rushed, the main story was well developed, and the side stories made actual sense (and influenced the main story).

The models were a bit odd in some cases, but the main LIs were well-developed.

I really liked that the developer successfully kept each LI with their own personalities and traits, while in other games by the time the harem is fully developed the characters have become some sort of copy of the same individual with different bodies.

All in all, I think the ending could have used a bit more development, and I certainly agree some of the characters did not get the ending they deserved (either for good or bad).
  6. 4.00 star(s)

DavidF1970

not a bad game overall, especially a sandbox game. There were not a lot of sex scenes in the game really, however the plot was going well for a while, however, i feel the game could have gone a lot longer than it did there was plenty of scope available it just seems the game ending was rushed which is a shame.

Models are ok nothing out of this world apart from maybe cascade and Leah the rest were average. Graphics again were not bad i have seen a lot worse but i have seen a lot better.

I dont want to criticise to much because the dev has put a lot of work into it and i know i would not be able to do this so props to them for this i just want to give honest feedback and if it helps great i am not trying to put you down.

I gave it 4 stars because i honestly enjoyed the game i wished it had gone longer but i could not give it 5 stars when i compare it to some other games but i do hope you do more projects in the future and i wish you every success.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

NeonSelf

- Its not a sandbox game. Just a single questline that blocks progress with all the girls in game. DEV was focused on writing a book about criminals, not making a dynamic world with sexy girls and opportunities to interact with them.
    - the story goes on about you being in constant danger and being fucked up for no reason. Just stay away if you want to be in a good mood.
    - There are more scenes about people arguing and face slapping than something erotic. Its a trash TV show that never stops.
    - There seems to be no repeatable sex interations, which is bad for a harem game.
    - It takes hours of reading through the story to see naked body pic or anything related to sex.
    - It doesnt even feel like a game, because most of the time I'm reading the story, not making decisions or managing anything.

+ the renders and models loook good.

I'm playing adult games for 18+ fun with beatiful girls, not to spend hours reading through linear storyline with shitty outcomes that I have no control over.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

supprzem

Quite a good game. For me the bigest minus is that it looks like the non-sandbox game was turn in sanbox game. Why? I don't know. Rest is quite good without to many problems (there is some but bearable).
  9. 4.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

This is a solid harem game.
    It doesn't do anything particularly new but it hits all the notes for people who like harem games and hits them pretty well.
    First the negatives. It's not a super original story and there isn't much of a reason for all the girls to want to live in a house with the MC aside from the fact that he's nice to them and has a big cock. But that's par for the course with most harem games and it's not that big a deal imo, but that's one of the reasons the game isn't 5 stars. The story takes a lot of suspension of disbelief as well. It's the old small town crime lord thing and thinking too much about the narrative brings the whole thing crashing down.
    All those things aren't deal breakers imo, because the main reason to play games like this is the sex scenes and the narrative that surrounds the LIs. And those are all done pretty well.
    The models are all a bit dated but attractive and the sex scenes while a bit short are decently written from a male dom perspective mostly and generally pretty hot. And the general look of the game and non sex renders are decent too.
    The LIs are pretty well done too, in that i was interested in what was going to happen to them next same goes for the story despite it's general derivative nature.
    Overall a good harem game with some nice LIs and good sex scenes Recommended for anyone who won't be put off but the general harem cliches and a narrative that has been done a bunch before and doesn't stand up well to a ton of scrutiny
  10. 3.00 star(s)

rvlfycpydgdcttfren

I had to give up on this. The corruption part is way to easy - all the girls will get immediately naked if you "save money with them". Then the indian restaurant part is boring as hell and feel like actually having a job there.

There's very little character growth, build up or satisfaction. The lockpicking and other skills serve close to no purpose and the MC is a feminized coward

The girls characters are nice and the UI is not bad but not good. Navigation can be a chore.

Overall it's a game that had potential but I don't think delivered
  11. 3.00 star(s)

IamUnderman

First of all, I love Cascade. She is a top five girl on this site easy. An absolutely gorgeous model.

The game itself is decent...if confused and half baked.

I think the developer is struggling, or at the very least did struggle and the evidence of this struggle can still be felt in the game, with deciding whether this is a visual novel or an exploration based point and click game. Essentially the question of is this closer to Where the Heart Is or Simgirls.

On the exploration based side; there are mechanics like being able to buy items and run errands for the girls, a day-night cycle and hidden money to search for. But the money and items are almost entirely worthless and the time of day triggers for events are just faff. There is no economy, no random events. Its just pointless.

On the visual novel side; the game lacks meaningful choices and routes and I felt it intended to have them. There are relationship and suggestion level systems which suggest that there were meant to be consequences to making incorrect dialogue choices and different routes with the girls (maybe a love and lust route for each based on the two values). But there is no variance in the routes. Early in the game there are scenes you can miss due to lacking the points needed, but they fade away after the first few updates worth of content.

This game would be much better if it stuck to one of these gameplay styles. Make it a proper time management/exploration game like Hail Dicktator or make it a branching visual novel like Being a Dik. Or just eschew the mechanical depth and just make a streamlined static novel with faster uploads and more content due to just being a collection of images.

As is this game has good content and likeable girls, but it just feels like a rough draft of what it should be.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Crowangel

Thought id already reviewed this last update but must have planned to and forgot sorry..
    Anyhow.. I was never a massive fan of sandbox games but this title manages to do it in a way that is still enjoyable.. the diverse stories and routes are pretty fun to see play out as well as the alternate routes to one outcome..
    Characters are well designed but could do with a tidy up with some better hairstyles now this game is better established same goes for wardrobe for the main characters..
    Overall an enjoyable read that has potential to be greater than it is..
    My personal advise.. Take this management style further to the whole Town.. Oust the mayor in campaign.. seat your own choosen candidate and have the management build up the town to popularity again.. as well as maintaining it from daily trouble and outside the town troubles..
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Sesinho

The reason why this game is average for me is the sex scenes. They are little too much default. There are no interesting shots, or emotion, they feel kind of artificial and the animated loops feel like 2 interpolated frames with a constant speed. Even in one of the scenes that is a 3some the loop makes eveyrone move at the same time in the same direction. I can not say its bad, but for me it was no sexy at all. I didnt feel any kinky value.

The sandbox is tolerable maybe the navigation is a little too slow in the response and trnsitions can be annoying.
    The wholoe system to get money could have something extra, for instance you have lockpicking but the skill is useless outside the computer, cause you gain notohing getting inside a girls room.
    The email system its also useless, most of the times the emails talk about things that already happened, they dont inform you of new opportunities.
    Most of the extra additions to the house like the showers dont have any function besides 1 extra scene that happens once.

Ther are way too many "reward" renders. Personally I didnt purchase any wallpaper. I prefer the images to represent in game events.
    The marcus boobs quest is attractive in the arly game with Cascade, but later becoems kind of pointless to see boobs if it doesn't add something different and kinky. Maybe in the future but now it sucks.
    The game feels weird, it has enough content but it lacks kinky value (not fetish)
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Puma1978

Very well made game with Harem Fetish but with a very logic and realistic approach. Good graphics and also a top story as well as for MC or for each character in game. Its not the most exciting game but really very interesting made with regards to characters and also story. I really love all characters introduced in this game and the funny situations and background stories related to them.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

PunkHooligan

Characters are cool and unique. Writing is decent, while story is meeeeh. Slow, not interesting, plot holes. Played 5-6 hours. Bored. A lot of nice music. Very small amount of sex scenes. Sandbox mode is really off. It's not needed here. Game has built in gallery and money cheat menus. Maybe will check the gallery with mod after final release, but no more than that.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

BGRW2020

A very interesting game, like all the characters, so far it is slowly coming together, could have made some items by choice only - like Marcus obsession with boobs, need to get more into the story to let readers see how the MC will get rid of the ridiculous Trevor
  17. 5.00 star(s)

sgenter

Great Story early on in development(0.28.2) with multiple character paths and interactions(plot). Seems to be keeping and progressing story theme for authors desired story results. Could allow story to continue even after confronting Mayor and Corrupt Police/Politicians by having people move back in and open new businesses. Developing a New Residential area is good to allow housing other than from Mayor and the LT but need jobs to be able to pay for the houses.

Artwork and Renders are good. Would develop more areas to collect and interact in. Beach would be nice since it's Reclusive Bay. lol. Maybe a massage / sports gym, hotel / motel maybe for travelers, etc.

Some grind to it but not the worst. The only place to get your emails is with the PC in your room. Might want to consider developing a phone for that to prevent having to always go back to your room just to get email.

Good novel and game. I will look forward to any updates.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 440241

I've had mixed feelings about this game for a while. The renders are good and the core trio of girls are well written. The rest of the cast is either bland or has too little content to be worth remembering. The whole game also has this psuedo-ntr feeling as the MC's life is constantly being screwed over by a criminal organization that has an impossible amount of influence for something that spawned in such a small town. What really solidified my position on this game was the latest update in which the MC officially becomes the dumbest protagonist of a harem game. There really is no other reason for him to barge into a drug dealer's hideout unarmed and bluster at a crime lord. That is a level of stupid that can't just be lampshaded away, and it makes it impossible to believe the MC has a way to beat the antagonist.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Templar Knight

This game has everything to work out, everything that will depend on the will of the developer, so far, I can say this:

PROS:
    - all characters are well done graphically.
    - the story is developing well so far.
    - each girl's story makes them unique.
    - scenery are interesting.
    - the story of the main protagonist, although it's a bit cliché, manages to go down well with the game's proposal and its surrounding characters.

CONS:
    - don't have repetitive sexual activities in the mc's house, because theoretically the MC's house is his harem, so most sandbox harem games should have repetitive activities like sex, dating, exhibitionism, bdsm and other things.

------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------- ------------

I don't really care about grindy but there should be investments in restaurants that would allow me to attract more money.
    So far the developer seems to be competent so this game has a future of being one of the best free roam, sandbox and harem on this site.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

dkb123alpha

I didn't like the gameplay, too much grinding .The models and the graphics ,I would say they are above average As for the story, it's average . Due to it's gameplay , the story sometimes isn't sequential, it breaks the fluidity of the story.As the story progresses the mc gets dumber and dumber. who the hell in his right mind as a detective walks around unarmed wearing fancy dresses only to get kidnapped and cant even put up a fight or react to it.