VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Reconnect [v1.0] [l8eralgames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Quetzzz

"It was perfect, and could have been more perfect with some Elderwind, but I didn't think she was ready for that..."

That's how I feel about this little AVN. Fantastic writing, a prevailing heavy metal theme, and tons of music references and jokes.

Like some other reviewers here said, the music didn't fit my tastes... But it didn't have to. This was Jack's (MC) story, not mine, and I think the music was perfect for him.

This short experience is a masterclass in visual storytelling and natural exposition. And, while it is a kinetic story, players do get a sense that their choices matter, just by how they're constantly referenced again.
    Were you abducted by aliens? Did you tell her she looks nice? Is life a joke to you? All of these choices (and more) change dialog further on. This is, in my opinion, something that every AVN dev needs to learn how to do.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Dragons fucker

A short wholesome romance visual novel. Despite having only one sexual scene and one ending, the build up to that and the various conversation branches make this game worth playing.

It is shown, with the engaging conversation choices and the carefully crafted mood present thorough, that the creator put quite a bit of effort in this and made it with experienced hands.

The only “flaw“ I found is the quite unfitting bgm choices for this, but considering that metal is a recurring theme in the game and that you can quite easily mute it, it shouldn’t come as a problem when playing.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

kilobananov

A very good little romantic story. I especially like how the MC's thoughts were described, all those phrases like "we weren't talking words, we were talking glances" - that's just a chef's kiss. The story somehow resonated with me, although I do not have this sort of a love story in my past or present.
    Some of the facial expressions both from her and from him felt a tiny bit weird. Also,the music itself is alright, but it kinda felt wrong for the mood of the story, except for one or two less intense and ballad-like melodies. But these things are just a matter of taste and aren't worth a lower overall score imho.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Uthuriel

A very short, but very sweet story about lost love.
    Two cousins getting back together after MC ran away over the fear of hurting her and the taboo of incest.

I know they aren't real but nonetheless I wish them all the best.

I'm not sure how to feel about the metal references... not really my kind of music.

The renders are great and the LI is adorable as fuck.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Sweet little romance story well worth playing, great looking girl as well, that smile of hers does make her look a bit crazy but i like her.

It even has music but not sure if it reeally fits for a romantic setting but i guess since the couple is into heavy music i guess its ok.

I cant give it 5 stars though if it had some nice animations it would have been though.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

edwards21

tl;dr - Very cute, short game. I liked the metal references even if I felt they were a bit out of place and/or unnecessary. Great soundtrack if you're a fan of the genres.

Bunch of personal notes after this, feel free to skip:

I've never related to a main character more than I have to this game's.

Metalhead? Very check. By the way, awesome fucking soundtrack. I found myself stopping playing and just headbanging for a bit more than once. There was one track that had this really strong Insomnium-esque lead guitar line that I really, really dig. Though this guy is a fan of Bodom which... I shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but the one time I saw Bodom Alexi Laiho was too drunk and/or stoned to perform properly. It was one of the most embarrassing shows I've ever seen. Swore them off for good after that.

Willing to travel for music? Check! I just went to Brooklyn not to long ago to see The Halo Effect, who I never thought I'd see live. Nine hour flight to see them. Gonna go to LA to see Kamelot and Battle Beast in September. I love traveling for music.

Freelancer? Check. I know that life all too well.

Bad breakup back in the day? CHECK.

Just wants to be left alone most days? Been there, done that.

Ran the hell away from a bad situation and traveled miles away only telling a few people. Very, very, VERY check.

I felt for this dude. I felt for him. I get it. I feel like I'm gonna come back to this one. I could tell this is a real, unique gem.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

6stringsamurai

I really liked how it brought up a real life relationship Problem. And reason For a lot of alot of premature breakups/ broken hearts. It shows how if we can just do it with our emotions a little bit better How better I like to have turned out Because so few of us actually get 2nd chances. Of course the music and the Rendersere really good as well.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

TritonSands

Just played this from start to finish today and I loved it..(2-3hrs). Not knowing much of anything about Death Metal bands but still enjoyed the background music at a low volume.The writing was excellent and I liked that save prompts happened every time a question could change how the conversations flowed. For me anyway.. I mostly picked what sounded like the character I wanted to be,what felt right to me when facing this beautiful girl in our situation. With the 1st person views it's easy to get lost in her eyes.. I cared about both characters they were portrayed realistically ..This is definitely a love story.. For the first time in an adult game the erotic scenes were not just sex, it was making love. If you can't remember your first love or want to believe real love and romance is possible it's worth playing even if love just seems like a fantasy nowadays.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Lexstok

Excellent little game on how you want to protect someone and by doing so paradoxically hurt them at the same time. And here you have the chance to set it right (there are few chances like that in real life, unfortunately). Play it for the story, the emotions, and the nice pictures. The sex scene is short and sweet.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

L3z1l3

A very sweet short story of the reconnection of 2 cousins who are in love with each other.
    Jenny is suoer sweet. The MC is not very good looking but is mostly sensible and relatable guy although his black metal mania becomes too much at some points.
    The dialogues are well written and funny.

I absolutely loved the first part but then the dialogue with Lisa was unnecessary or should have been at a later point in the story.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    One of the consequences of the talk with Lisa at this point of the game is that the middle part is stretched out.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Add to this some unnecessary banter and black metal jokes and the dialogue at this part became boring.

There is only one short sex scene, which looks nice but could have been longer.

All in all, I enjoyed the game and wouldn't mind playing a longer game from the dev with a similar writing quality.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

zazezizozu

I couldn't play this game and not vote. Such a small game made a big impression. I liked how the story developed, and everybody could feel in advance what kind of passion was hidden in them. The graphics are very high quality and the girl is very sexy graphically.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Elrox

Great little game! Short and sweet! Graphics were good and Jenny is sweet as hell! Love that smile! Humor and all the band references was a bit corny but that's fine! It fit the character. Music was pretty good too!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

finnL

I really like this story. And the graphics are amazing.
    Unfortunately it is not very long as i would love to have spend more time with it.

I hope he will make a fun long story with these characters.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

hanzofactory

Love the idea of an AVN in a short-story format!

This is a very sweet and short game, I would recommend to stop looking at reviews and just play it, it's only about an hour of your time :)

There is definitely good chemistry between the main couple, and their interactions were again, really sweet. This game was very heartwarming despite the scary cover, if a little cliche. Very fun overall with a good feel.

The internet culture and metal references are be a bit overdone occasionally, but overall the dialogue feels good.
    The dialogue box being on the side threw me off at first, but the developer did a great job of directing to focus of the renders so you can easily pay attention to both it and the renders, and I liked it a lot by the end.

I really enjoyed this, and I think this medium definitely needs more really short and concise games like it, as 90% of them tend to have massive scopes and extremely long stories that don't get finished most of the time.

It's so pleasant to see a game come out being marked with [Completed], and I will definitely play more of this dev's games!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

TheDick69+

I loved this one! But I didn't cry in the end, it's the pollen in the air that made my eyes watery and my nose running! :cool:

Short, sweet story that goes to a beautiful ending. The characters are sweet and lovely, so you just have to wish for the best for them. The renders are really good and the lewd scene is ok (even if I like animations better).

Stormkeep, love their music but growl, oh God damn I just hate growl! It has destroyed so much good music. :devilish:

Just love Destiny though, saw them on Swedish Rock 2002. They've also played as opener for In Flames, one of my faves. As you can guess, I'm a Swede.
    :devilish:
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Frim der Wel

Not much of a game, just a short story, but an excellent one. Good and funny writing, likeable characters. Great models and renders (great facial expressions!) No branching, choices just give a bit of flavour.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

JVSnake

Many congratulations to the creator, with a very well developed story, and not too big made a great game... I would like to play more similar games created by the author... once again many congratulations...
  18. 5.00 star(s)

DarkBobo

Dope and really well-written litlle story about passionate and lost love.

The musics are great, the renders are pleasing to the eyes.

Jenny is a an appealing character : liked the hairstyle and that smile tho', that smile !

Thanks mr Developer
  19. 4.00 star(s)

GentlemanCorpse

I like it, it is really something light, wholesome and positiv with happy ending.
    It is short and not very lewd.
    Something different from the other stuff with all its secrets and drama...

- The artwork is really beautiful.
    - Music also ok, but I have the feeling I should be running around with a gun and shoot Aliens. Maybe some Ambient Post Metal wohl have been also ok.

With this good looking Artwork and cute Jenny, I would have no problem with a full game.

Thanks
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Meaning Less

This game was very disappointing for an adult game, what should be short was long and what should be long was short.

I enjoy buildup as long as there is an equivalent payout in the end, the issue here is that it didn't. After all the dialogue and choices you finally get your reward, a very short and out of place sex scene?

Honestly with the good renders and intriguing overview I was expecting a horror story or something, but what I got was a short kinetic story filled with teenage drama.