[R>Writer] Paid Recruiting writer (NTR/corruption)

Infidelisoft

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2018
Project:
A short NTR corruption project. Linear story. A basic description of scenes has been made, but is not set in stone.

Developer:
Infidelisoft. We have two prior projects, one of them completed and one of them ongoing.

Looking for:
A writer who can work with the limitations of 2D art (no switching positions constantly), doesn't mind NTR, and can keep things simple while making descriptive medium-length sex scenes. Prior experience writing adult scenes is required.

Employment Type:
Paid $1 per 100 words. The rate is not negotiable.

Work commitment:
No deadlines, but if you want to influence what art is commissioned you'd need to write one sex scene a month at least.

Preferred method of contact:
E-mail: thentrchy@gmail.com
Discord available upon request.

Job Description:
About 12 sex scenes with some regular dialogue before and after.

Additional comments:
Please send your application to the above e-mail address with an example of your writing. Preferably a sex scene.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
You're probably going to have a hard time finding a good, experienced writer with that rate.

$1 per 100 words = $1000 per 100 000 words.
That's $1k for a full novel length book that'd stand at ~300 pages (ebook) to ~450 pages (print).

Since it's unlikely you're going to have anyone write a full novel, it means that there is no way any writer working with you will ever make anything close to $1k (especially not if you're writing just a short linear story) across the entirety of the poject.

The average length of a sex scene is usually between 500 to 3k words, depending on length & interactivity. That's between $10 to $30 for hours of writing - if you want highly polished material.

The only way I see you working with a 1/100 rate is if you're using simple, straightforward scene design, and you're just looking for someone to sit down and off the cuff fluff it out & pass it on.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Employment Type:
Paid $1 per 100 words. The rate is not negotiable.

Christ, I've got bills too y'know. LMAO.

Professional writers (or even semi-professional writers) would not work at that rate. It's simply not sustainable and a recipe for burning yourself out.

If you really don't want to pay cash, you should at least offer a percentage cut (share) of the games profits.

Reactions: namiv

aphrodisia

Eccentric Empress
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Going to have to second the other posters in the thread. I was interested and then instantly lost interest because $1 per 100 words is horrible. That means if I wrote 1000 words (the daily average for most writers) in a workday (8 hours), you'd pay me $10. No way in hell should anyone agree to that. Might want to consider increasing your budget, and if you can't, you might not be ready to make this game.

namiv

Feb 19, 2020
I've played your game and it was good at first however since there is very few visuals, the text should carry all the heavy lifts and with that you need a crafty one. that payment is not for a crafty writer so i advice you to change the rate or help your text with more visuals.

Sep 19, 2020
The people here seem to have already said so, but I'll concur. $1 for 100 words isn't going to pull in experienced writers. They know how much their time is worth. You'll likely only get inexperienced or desperate writers for that kind of money, and honestly, unless you happen to find an unsung prodigy who's down on their luck, the quality of the writing will likely be poor. Consider offering a more reasonable sum, a share of your profits, or simply writing it yourself.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Need to agree that's a tough rate. For context, it took me months to write 77,000 words for current place in project, and that would only pay $770 I think if my math is right. Per hour, I shudder at the thought...

• Red Heart
Reactions: sergii-g