Reflections for backgrounds?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I'm probably missing something obvious, but is there a setting that will make a background image from outside of a window show up in a reflection on a mirror or some other reflective surface when the camera is facing away from the window (generally in the opposite direction)?

It's not something I need that often but whenever I end up doing renders like that I find that I have to close the curtains or blinds on the window to block the view of the window because the background doesn't show up. So if I don't do that I get a reflection of a window with nothing on the other side of it which just looks weird. I played around with surface, emission settings on the window but couldn't find anything that actually made the background visible unless the camera was facing the window.

Here's an example of the kind of render I'm talking about. You can't really tell with the curtains closed but the background I'm using outside that window doesn't show up so if the curtains are open I just get a bright light with no sky, no trees, etc.

Sonya_MC.png

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
From Daz forums:

"If you select Dome & Scene and Draw Dome: Off the skydome will still be visible in reflections. "

Reactions: khumak