Reinstated games

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
Is there a list/thread or anything that tracks games that were at one point hidden/delisted shortly after being added that have been added back for all to see; some time later?

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
Tried the search but didn't notice anything mentioning stuff no longer banned.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Is there a list/thread or anything that tracks games that were at one point hidden/delisted shortly after being added that have been added back for all to see; some time later?
No.

And, since it's my "less grumpy, more opened to mass crowd opinion" day, why is it so important for you to know if such list exist ?

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
No.

And, since it's my "less grumpy, more opened to mass crowd opinion" day, why is it so important for you to know if such list exist ?
Simple, a game may of been uploaded, delisted like 10 mins later then reinstated a month after but won't appear on page 1 but instead be buried way back due to original upload date, who wants to keep backtracking on what ifs.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Simple, a game may of been uploaded, delisted like 10 mins later then reinstated a month after but won't appear on page 1 but instead be buried way back due to original upload date, who wants to keep backtracking on what ifs.
Hmm, it's not a bad reason.

But I'm not sure that it worth it. There's thirteen thousands games, and too few that are temporarily removed then reinstalled, for them to be more than 0.1% of the games each year.

Plus, what you fear is even less frequent than a thread being momentarily hidden.
Only moderators/uploaders can create a thread in the game section. And obviously they'll not create a game without knowing a bit about it. As for devs/members, they create the thread in the request section, and the thread will be later moved by a moderator.
Therefore, it's really exceptional than a game is hidden few times after it appeared in the game section. It need that the dev lied about the content for it to happen. Else, if there's doubts regarding the compliance with the rules, they'll be resolved before the game appear for the first time.

Most of the time, when a game thread is hidden, it's because the dev changed something in the game. Then the staff want to peacefully decide if it still match the rules or not.
This mean that, either the thread will not reappear at all, or it will reappear, and be bumped again on top of the list next time an update will be released. You'll miss an update, but not the game.

I'm not moderator, nor staff member, but I doubt that more than a handful of completed games have had their thread temporarily hidden because someone suddenly discovered content that can potentially goes against the rules. What would make what ? An average of one by year. It's sad for those games that will not have the visibility they deserve, but not so terrible.