Seeking Relatively new to visual novels. Would like some recommendations based on what I have already played and enjoyed.

gixxer750

Jan 17, 2021
So far I have played and enjoyed-
Intertwined
AOA Academy
Sisterly Lust
Harem Hotel
Hillside
Where The Heart Is
Reluctant Archon
Dreams of Desire
Where It All Began
Depraved Awakening
A Mothers Love
Personal Trainer

I very much prefer the 3d graphic style found in AOA/Sisterly Lust/Intertwined etc. Though I did enjoy the art style of Harem Hotel, it seemed like a good mix between the more anime style and the 3dcg style. I also like the Renpy engine and the ability to backtrack. I enjoy the harems but I enjoy a good story as well. I do like ones with clear walkthroughs available or walkthrough mods/cheats just so its easier to get the desired paths. I''ve had a friend recommend Acting Lessons and Being a Dik, but I am looking for more games similar to what I have played already.

Thanks!

SAO321

Apr 17, 2018
Milfy city - Best renders, decent story, the grinding of the sandbox aspect can be a little boring, but not much. You have a mom ,two sisters and two lesbian aunts.
The visit - Good renders, good story, straigh to story, no grinding. Aunt and mother. Its completed, btw.
Lust epidemic - Very good renders, great story, a little grinding, but not boring at all. Also completed. You have a mom.

Even if you dont like much of 2d stuff, summertime saga is very popular, and the gameplay is quite enjoyable, i think. Its quiet engaging. You have 1 aunt, 1 sister and 1 mom.

Reactions: gixxer750

Vintertaare

Feb 2, 2021
A good list of games you have there. Seems like you like games that are just wellwritten. Both acting lessong and being a dik is absolutely worth a playthrough but you seem reluctant? here is a few i found that were very well written and in the theme of those you wrote:

Sins of the Father: very nice writing, beautiful models
Halfway house: another in dev, but excellent writing and very nice models and animation.
Dating my Daughter: very very good writing and characters.
Melody: Very decent/different wellwritten story, ok renders.

Light of my life: very different models, not very pretty at first but so well written story and characters that i at least fell for the novel.
Haley's Story: Very well written somewhat "realistic" story, slow burn but believable characters.

Except Melody all of these has incest components, like many of the games you listed, but apart from that i just love the writing in these ones

gixxer750

Jan 17, 2021
Milfy city - Best renders, decent story, the grinding of the sandbox aspect can be a little boring, but not much. You have a mom ,two sisters and two lesbian aunts.
The visit - Good renders, good story, straigh to story, no grinding. Aunt and mother. Its completed, btw.
Lust epidemic - Very good renders, great story, a little grinding, but not boring at all. Also completed. You have a mom.

Even if you dont like much of 2d stuff, summertime saga is very popular, and the gameplay is quite enjoyable, i think. Its quiet engaging. You have 1 aunt, 1 sister and 1 mom.
Thanks! Especially for the completed ones. I hate getting drawn into a game and now having to wait for the next chapters/conclusions. Well, I guess not hate, since I will still support the makers in to help them get the updates out, but it feels a lot better when I can play one through and finish it.

A good list of games you have there. Seems like you like games that are just wellwritten. Both acting lessong and being a dik is absolutely worth a playthrough but you seem reluctant? here is a few i found that were very well written and in the theme of those you wrote:

Halfway house: another in dev, but excellent writing and very nice models and animation.

Light of my life: very different models, not very pretty at first but so well written story and characters that i at least fell for the novel.
Haley's Story: Very well written somewhat "realistic" story, slow burn but believable characters.

Except Melody all of these has incest components, like many of the games you listed, but apart from that i just love the writing in these ones
Not reluctant. They just wont be enough. I have some free time coming up. Having a double hernia fixed and my job is giving me 2 weeks off to recover. Since I'm going to be in a hospital, they just want me to stay home for 14 days after I get out by the off chance I catch covid while there. So I'm not reluctant about playing those 2, I just know I will probably run through both of them in a few days maybe. And you are correct, I do very much enjoy the well written and interesting story lines. Hillside barely has any adult content in it(in comparison to a lot of the others) but the story pulled me in. Same with Intertwined, though that obviously has a good amount of sex in it. Hotel harem I liked the sorta free roamish style play style and the world setting. Not usually into fantasy stuff, but the elf aspect seemed melded well with a modern setting. Reluctant Archon melded fantasy and modern well too. And the incest thing, its actually not really the main draw for me. I enjoy it, but being well written is what hooks me. Oh and having character models that resemble Valery from AOA does as well lol. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll put them on the list of ones to play while I'm recovering.

ZoeBodyPillow

May 9, 2020
I would recommend WVM, it is on the Ren'py engine, based around harem content, and above all it has an AMAZING story (IMO), all the characters are lovable and interesting... it also has a complete game guide you can download from the extras section! :D

gixxer750

Jan 17, 2021
I would recommend WVM, it is on the Ren'py engine, based around harem content, and above all it has an AMAZING story (IMO), all the characters are lovable and interesting... it also has a complete game guide you can download from the extras section! :D
Thanks! I'll check it out!

gixxer750

Jan 17, 2021

So, I've gotten through Halfway House, Melody, and Haley's Story. Loved all three, especially Melody and Halfway House. Will be be checking out the rest over the next couple weeks. Had a minor complication with my hernia surgeries so I am laid up another week at least.

gixxer750

Jan 17, 2021
If you're looking for story some of these might interest you:

Chasing Sunsets
Summer Scent
A New Home
Timestamps, Unconditional Love

Although none are completed, and might far away from being so, I would still recommend a playthrough. Well 1 is completed sort of, but it's still going on with the 2nd chapter.
Thanks, I'll check them out. I'm finding I am enjoying the stories more than the sexual content. I mean that stuff is a plus, but some of the stories just really suck me in.

HWK1590

Feb 9, 2022
I know some don't like it as they see it as an imitation of BaD but I enjoy College Kings. It's update frequently as well so it's good content in between BaD updates, which seemingly take forever.

Ogre

Mar 29, 2018
Another suggestion that you reconsider Acting Lessons. It's really good, and also has been completed.