Releasing a CLI utility to easily track game thread versions - fupdater

PusciKet

Mar 20, 2019
Hi, been a long time lurker and posting for the first time. I have been enjoying the content on this site and all the funny little comments everyone leaves on the threads.

I had written a little CLI application called fupdater, for personal use at first, to keep track of game versions as I found it pretty hard to do with the bookmark feature on the site. I also wanted a way to keep a list of the game threads I am interesting in and move them around different devices and carry it offline. Now that I have put enough features in to make it actually useful enough that I use it daily myself, I just wanted to share it, in case it helps someone out here. The tool works with Cmd/Powershell on Windows and bash on Linux. Currently, Mac is not supported, as I don't have a access to one.

Do verify the MD5 Checksums of the extracted application to ensure you have the correct file downloaded.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How to use
  1. Download and extract the fupdater package for your operating system.
  2. Open any native terminal (CMD, Powershell, Bash, etc) in the folder alongside fupdater. In Windows, for example, you can Shift + Right Click in the file explorer to get the option Open PowerShell window here.
  3. Use this to perform first time setup.
    Code:
    .\fupdater.exe init
  4. You can then add any game thread you'd like to track, like so
    Code:
    .\fupdater.exe add https://f95zone.to/threads/treasure-of-nadia-v-91074-nlt-media.38582/
    Found Treasure of Nadia with latest version 91074
    Updating flist...done.
  5. To check if any new versions are available (requires internet), try
    Code:
    .\fupdater.exe fetch
  6. Add the --help option to see all the commands and features available.
    Code:
    .\fupdater.exe --help

I would love to hear any feedback or suggestions.

A note to mods: Feel to move the thread around as I don't really know if this is the correct place for it.

Last edited: