Unity - Completed - Remerick & the Witch: A Ballbusting Fairy Tale [Final] [groin pain games]

1. 1.00 star(s)

F4C430

Version reviewed: Final

Summary
    Good and funny concept, terrible execution.

Presentation
    The graphics aren't great but they get the job done. Minimal but workable UI. Cutscenes are too wordy for my liking but easy to skip through. There's an options menu but it's only available on the title screen and the only 2 options are invincibility and male genetalia; however it doesn't save your choices when the game is closed. Game controls aren't given anywhere in-game. I had to find them on the itch.io page.

Gameplay
    I found this impossible to play without invincibility mode turned on. It's an instant gameover when his balls turn gold and that happens very quickly. The problem is that you have to have Castra attack his balls but you have to position the characters in the right spot so that they're aligned correctly otherwise she'll miss. If you want to just punch him yourself, the key to switch to Castra barely works. I had to spam the 'Q' key and it might switch or not. Anyway, it's hard to get them lined up and i run out of time and the game ends--as in the gameover shuts the game down and you have to open the game again. Even a new game dev should be able to take you back to the title screen at the very least, but this one just quits. Terrible execution. Also, the game is pretty short and repetitive.

Rating
    1/5 because it gets 5 stars for being a ballbusting game and -4 stars for playing like someone's first Unity project.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Pbxoperator

Not a bad little outing once you get the hang of it.
    Paying back the witch at the end was flawless.
    I would suggest making it easier by giving lives instead of dying and having the game close if you fail to punch the balls in time.