Removing custom mouse cursor from Ren'py game.

Buboxic

Aug 20, 2017
For some reason custom cursors on Ren'py causes the game to become laggy during mouse movements for me. Lust_Affect has a custom cursor but i cannot remove it from preferences. I don't know anything about coding or editing Ren'py files so if someone could, please help me out.

Thanks

Buboxic

Aug 20, 2017
Open the console (Shift + O) then type :
Code:
setattr( config, "mouse", None )
Be careful, everything is in lower case except the first letter of "None".

It will remove the custom cursor and it should works for any Ren'py games.
Thank You!!
I had to look up how to enable the console but after I typed it the code the custom cursor went away and took the lag with it! Game runs fine now. I don't see why a cursor would cause so much lag, but I am using a cheap old Toshiba laptop.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Open the console (Shift + O) then type :
Code:
setattr( config, "mouse", None )
Be careful, everything is in lower case except the first letter of "None".

It will remove the custom cursor and it should works for any Ren'py games.
I want to do the exact opposite and put a custom mouse cursor in the game. I did it like explained here:

But the cursor doesn't change at all. Is it because I'm modding a game by using unren.bat and I don't have a gui folder/gui.rpy at all?
That's the png I want to use:
cur116.png

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
The file was in the image folder and the script was like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I found this mouse (2).png in the image folder too. I deleted it and renamed my file to mouse.png and now it's working. Not what I was going for but at least it's working now.

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Man I keep coming back to this thread every time, as for some reason any custom cursor makes renpy be laggy as hell.
Thanks!

Reactions: george322228