Daz Render priority

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Hi
Is a way to set the priority of the asset to render? In Honey Select with Render Editor. You can set which object is on top of the other. I looked around the options and could not find an equivalent. Is there a way to prevent hair from poking through a hand or forearm?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
For the most part, Daz Studio does little to prevent poke through. A few exceptions:
  • As Shadow Fiend indicates, smoothing modifiers can sometimes help. They're really intended to handle clothing poke-through, so their ability to work on hair is somewhat less. I've had issues with them doing bad things to the skullcap part of the hair in some situations. In addition, you can only set one smoothing target. So, if you set the smoothing target to the figure, it doesn't prevent the hair from intersecting with clothing, for example.
  • Obviously, many hairs have various posing morphs that allow you to move bits of the hair around.
  • Shadow Fiend mentioned Mesh Grabber as a way of moving the hair around. It's also possible to do it with dFormers. dFormers are built into Daz Studio, while Mesh Grabber is a commerical product. That being said, Mesh Grabber may be easier to use than a dFormer for this.
  • There is dForce hair. Using them requires you to do a dForce simulation on the scene, but the hair will fall reasonably naturally over just about anything. This typically produces the best quality result, but requires you to simulate each and every image, which can take a while if you're producing a lot of them.

Reactions: Q Who

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Thank you guys. It's pretty fluffy hair. You can move lots of pieces of it. Just not where I need to flatten it. So the only solution was to change the pose. Which is not 100% natural. But it will have to suffice.