Renderhub SKU?

terryeon

Aug 9, 2017
Is the renderhub SKU found within the like button or is it in another area of the page?

I'm remaking the loose install file into a file for DIM and I am not 100% sure so I wish to see if anyone can confirm or deny if that is the only static ID used on the site for content. I know adding it to your cart actually adds a dynamic ID but the like's ID seems static so hoping that works if so. Just wondering if anyone has observed it long enough to if know that is the best to use for SKU on the site so DIM doesn't eat duplicate prefixSKU named files later on.

Feb 6, 2024
Renderhub does not have SKU's, generate your own and just keep track of what you use and do not use. TBH I'd start with a 900000 (ish) and work your way up, since most DAZ and Renderosity Sku's are 1-900000 ish. (very rough estimate)

Last edited:

terryeon

Aug 9, 2017
Renderhub does not have SKU's, generate your own and just keep track of what you use and do not use. TBH I'd start with a 900000 (ish) and work your way up, since most DAZ and Renderosity Sku's are 1-900000 ish. (very rough estimate)
Thank you for reminding me. I have gone back and checked my installs after a year and checked my "SKU" from renderhub and this is, in fact, how to find the ID. This may not be an SKU per say but it is a/the non-changing number on a product that is unique thus it works as an alternative for an SKU and is what you should actually use. If you randomly make your own, you run the risk of accidentally installing a product twice or reusing the same random SKU thus causing one of the two install packages from being deleted by DIM when it scans on loading.

To ensure everyone is aware of how it works... go to the product page on renderhub, be sure you login (if I recall correctly, it won't work if not logged in), right click the "[(y) Like]" button and use inspect. Then the SKU is the red text from the example below.

<input type="button" class="likeLink" style="margin: 0px; height: 42px; background-image: url(/images/like_w.png); background-size: 18px 18px; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 10px 11px; font-size: 16px; padding: 5px 14px 4px 38px;" value="Like" onclick="addlike('82125', 'p', 3, 0)" data-size="medium">

This number does not change and is how that website identifies the product in it's database. Thus yes, it is in fact an SKU from the point of view from anyone making a new DIM package. I was unsure at the time but, the number hasn't changed in over a year thus I now know this for a fact. Thank you again for making me look into this so I have my answer now and I honestly forgot.