Unpaid Rendering for free

Vexton

May 11, 2017
Hi!

Short story: I thought to support rendering for like any project where the author needs extra capacity and can explain how to set up the environment for it. I have a GL702ZC, and I would be happy to utilize it's unscheduled capacity for the good cause :)
This is a wildfire idea from me, so if seasoned members see this is not a good idea, or phrased suboptimal, please let me know.

What are you good at?
I have brains (no, seriously), worked as IT support for 5 years and code/devops for 6 years, having some VR and old age 3DS experience so I dare to say I'm competent to a level.
Should it happen git is in use, I'm forward to directly contribute there, which I believe would make transfers easier.
I can also bring in english proofreading and writing skills, but on days when my work cook my brain, no chances.

Preferred method of contact:
Discord, E-mail, but let's start with a DM.

What do you charge?
Nothing, I'm curious how things are going, effectively it is a know-how trade. But no worries, I have no aim to shoot up a project myself.

Availability:
Asynchron communication in worst case and min. ~4x4 hour rendering time a week

Work Samples: Not any, newstarter.

Note: My timezone is GMT+1

BR
Vexton

Last edited:

Machinist

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2020
This looks nice.

I don't really need it but I'm curious, what program are you going to use? This may work with Blender but I don't really see how you could do it with DAZ (The most popular here, I believe). I believe that with DAZ you need to have the same assets as the person who made the scene, even if you pirate everything (otherwise the costs would skyrocket) it would still be a hassle to download everything.

I'm just curious tho, really appreciate what you're doing.

Reactions: Vexton

Vexton

May 11, 2017
Yes, I had to realize the case with DAZ, and it is exactly as you wrote. However depending on multidevice rules of DAZ, a shared account may happen to solve this - and I know this is also a question of trust.

I'm mapping the possibilites :) but I am on the bigger blindspot.

zegamez

Game Developer
May 22, 2019
Hello, Vexton!
I'd like to take advantage of your offer, and I have some ideas for organizing everything. But I have some questions.

1) Are you a native English speaker? My problem is that I'm not, so I'd need your proofreading. It's the most critical thing for me.
2) Are you able to sacrifice about 400 Gb for this purpose?
3) Not critical: I've heard somewhere that not top-end NVidia graphic cards break down quickly when you use them for Iray. It may be a fake, but I don't know this for sure. If you can't make renders, that not a big deal. Just preparing scenes for rendering by my description would be a huge help.

I'm a newbie as well, and I'm just starting the game. My scenario ready for 90% (250+ pages), and I've been working on renders for about a week (too few renders for now.)

If you are okay to try it out, let's discuss the other things in DM.