Rendering question

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
Friends i looked at the DAZ3D forums and they never recommend anything to actually speed up the process or to make it easier on the machines processor. What are some of the best ways to speed up the rendering process. Most of the time i can render pretty quickly but with a heavily detailed image i have had it just slow down to a crawl. Any tips would be great and please do not say "Buy a new machine" lol i know that one already..

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I know some of these will fall into that new machine category, but they do help without having to necessarily get a whole new machine; more RAM, SSD Drives (perhaps raided), bare OS install with the bare basic software needed to accomplish the task of rendering, switching to permanent swap file over using the default dynamic one in the OS, etc... Basically anything you can think of to increase efficiency for all the calculations the PC needs to make when performing the rendering calculations... A lot of the times, if you're doing any CPU/GPU intensive processing, if it's on a system you use for other things then you end up having other software/drivers installed that may weight down on the processor when it determines processing priority... I'm sure peeps with more experience using DAZ itself, may have some other tips...