Rendering with Octane - Lighting Issues

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Is anyone else familiar with Octane or Octane for Day Studio?

For lighting I've been using emissions on an object, but it never feels quite right. The daylight environment setting are perfect for outdoor scenes but the indoor ones never look perfect.

MrNieth

Donor
Jul 22, 2017
if you're using the daz3d octane plugin, there's some experiment you can make by playing with the Kernel Type options under Octane, Rendersettings tab (Direct Lightin,Path Tracing etc..) and try to find what you want to accomplish by mixing those setting with the OctaneRender Viewport options at the bottom (Normal, diffuse) and the Current Kernel Tab Top right with the Global Illumination mode (Ambient occlusion for the sun or diffuse for your emissions on object) Octane isn't perfect for Daz you might have to sacriface background light on one type of render and do another for the background and do some photoshop magic to mix them together, a little work to do but it's nothing compare to the time you save by not using the daz render hehe

Sorry for my bad english (i speak french) but i hope it help you and i've seen your work on the show us your skills forum, great job

Reactions: thecardinal

SoulFoZoid

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2017
Indoor light can be made using portal lights in OcataneRender or removing geometry that is not in the scene when rendered. You must give the right amount of photons to travel across the indoor scene or you can add more portal lights and make the geometry of the lights invisible. Same with Vray. Standard practice. You need to understand that you direct each light individually to make the ambiance of the scene right.