Unreal Engine - Renestra [v0.2.3] [Decadent Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Licky911

Extremely buggy when you go off the path and onto the terrain. I'll keep an eye on this. Def has a lot of gank. The sex scene (the only one I encountered), was very short and basic. I think this game has a lot of potential.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Ai Shoujo Fan

Renestra 0.01

The game doesn't have a window with borders mode. It has fullscreen, borderless which is like a fullscreen but in windowed and without borders, and a windowed that looks like a borderless but isn't fullscreen. They should change that so the windowed is windowed with borders.

The graphics are good. It makes you feel like you are playing a quality fantasy game and not some soon to be abandoned tech demo with bad looking everything. There are even voices, and they sound good. They might be AI voices and not human voices, but they are good enough and better than nothing.

The first quest requires you to go to a shop, but there are no indicators on screen to tell you what general direction you should go in so I spent around one or two minutes running around and walking into closed shop doors before I decided to try the other part of the map where I quickly found it because there were only two shops there.

Another quest has you finding quest items, and luckily there are some strange looking indicators in-world to show you where they are. But the indicators are pretty bad and noob looking.

As some people have commented, as soon as you start the game you are likely to draw your swords with a left or right mouse click. But there is no way to sheathe them. So yeah, you run around the village with your swords out.

Eh, as soon as I got the quest items, I was rewarded with sex. It was just a movie playing, no way to camera orbit, pan, or zoom. One boring BJ video on loop. And an "End" option. I thought that escalated pretty fast. At this point, I felt like I got the full game experience and knew what to expect from here on out and decided it's not worth it of me to keep going. But that might have been the end of the demo too because after I exited the sex scene, there was no objective that I could see.

I feel like this game is low effort to make. Just throw together some fantasy woods and huts assets, two elven characters, WASD movement (which isn't hard to add), FPS camera movement (which isn't hard to add), and some AI voices which was a nice touch but for only 2-3 quick lines of dialogue. And nothing else. Nothing to make the game feel unique, polished, or fleshed out.

If the demo's dialogue had been better and more interesting, sex not so rushed, and the adult sex scene was interactable with camera orbit, pan, and zoom and more than one sex animation, I would have been more interested in the game. But seeing how it starts out, I don't think that I will ever download it again. Because I can see the direction that it is going. It's just a PG fantasy RPG game with some adult video clips here and there and a lot of NPC quests to go meet this person or to collect this number of items. That might be fun for some people, but I was hoping for better adult content and better game design. This isn't even labeled as a demo. It's labeled as a 0.01, and I don't see any heart and passion in this. "Hi, I just got a job here. If you want this product, go collect five of this item. Okay, here is a quick sex reward. Version 0.01 complete, please support the developer". Boring.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

biorg

Looks good for pre pre early alfa or something.
    1) Rain is killing my fps (gtx1060 6g+i5-6500)
    2) no clues where to go and its really dark inside the houses. First time i went out of house by balcony because i didnt see the door :0
    3) videos are without any sound and looks quiet bad...
    4)why do I need swords? Btw you cant put them back after you attacked
    So good luck to the developer. Looks promising
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Traxsol

I really liked the graphics. The musical accompaniment is also very pleasant.
    However, why are the cutscenes so dark and there is no way to change the angle, don't have sounds .
    And the next one is interested in what's next, after collecting 5 mushrooms ... Or is that all in this version?
    I'll be honest, it puzzled me a little ). Having downloaded 5 gigabytes, I was counting on a little more.
    But in general I liked it (y).
  5. 2.00 star(s)

tom54321

(Initial Release)
    I played for 5 minutes. There were so many invisible walls that collecting the mushrooms, the very first quest, was rage inducing and I closed down the game. It might have been a good game, but that is a pass for me.