Renpy animations not working

brother14

May 10, 2020
I just bought a new PC and it is not showing the animations in renpy games. I just get a black screen and the text. The PC is a Dell running an i5, 8Gb RAM, and a gtx1650. My old PC runs the games with no problems (depite being incredibly slow to start up and somewhat unstable.).
I am not the most techy guy so any help would be really appreciated. I have tried shift+g and changing the render but no difference.

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
There's a chance there are some codecs missing. Try this codec pack , I usually go for the mega pack.

brother14

May 10, 2020
No difference I'm afraid. So frustrating. Thanks for the suggestion.
Just in case you were interested, I eventually found a solution. I was searching the threads again and found the same problem (which I must have missed in the first 3 searches) where the guy had plugged in his headphones and it started working. Plugged in my speakers (which i had been using for something else) and now the animations work! FML. Feel happy and an idiot at the same time. Thanks again for taking time to reply, have a great day.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Just in case you were interested, I eventually found a solution. I was searching the threads again and found the same problem (which I must have missed in the first 3 searches) where the guy had plugged in his headphones and it started working. Plugged in my speakers (which i had been using for something else) and now the animations work! FML. Feel happy and an idiot at the same time. Thanks again for taking time to reply, have a great day.
Hmm...

Animations are handled like sound (I know, it's weird), and when you decide to mute all sounds, or when all sound are mute by themselves (I guess you don't have speakers with you computer) then the animations aren't played.

Silleto

Jul 24, 2021
Idiot here. Had the same issue and couldn't figure it out. Saw this, plugged in headphones, loaded game, viewed animation and proceeded to bash my f*cking head into the keyboard.

Side note, if you don't want to use headphones or speakers you can bind audio output to your HDMI port to your monitor and it will also work.

Reactions: brother14

Serpico1616

Dec 22, 2018
As far as I can tell, 384khz audio quality caused the "looping" for me. Changing it to 192khz fixed the animations looping for me.

• Wow
Reactions: Meaning Less

piratethis

Jun 17, 2018
Hold "Shift-G" I turned off power saving mode after dealing with this issue for the last couple of months thinking it was my amd 6900 GPU. I tried every other work-a-round people have said. Just did this 5 minutes ago and it's working like a charm now. Hope this helps a few out.

teth89

Nov 28, 2019
Hold "Shift-G" I turned off power saving mode after dealing with this issue for the last couple of months thinking it was my amd 6900 GPU. I tried every other work-a-round people have said. Just did this 5 minutes ago and it's working like a charm now. Hope this helps a few out.
I am having this same issue, but toggling the Power Saving Mode did not fix it for me. :(

daddy44cool54

May 3, 2021
Worked for me
Thanks