Ren'Py Ren'Py Assistance Requried

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Been using Daz for quite a while, but only recently started using Renpy. For the most part it had been fairly easy to learn, however I have not been able to determine how or whether the following is possible.

1) Zooming background that starts out as a zoomed out 2160p image and then zooms into the center portion of the image. Would like it to transition from zoomed out to zoomed in over a few seconds. After zoomed in then I can apply text to it.

2) The 'h' buttom is used to hide text windows. however I was wondering if you could adjust the game settings file to also hide character images laid over the background. The code below is an example of what I currently have.
Code:
    scene e01 006
    show tiff flirt:
        xalign 0.03
        yalign 1.0
    tiff "Hi Xav!"
Hence when the user hits the 'h' button only scene e01 006 remains. Note that the 'show tiff flirt' is a small png character image that sits next to the text.

Jon_Sleeper

Nov 14, 2018
Code:
show 100 with Dissolve(1):
        xalign 0.5
        zoom 1.0
        linear 10 zoom 1.5
This is a code I used to zoom in, just change values for directions.

10 is time taken to zoom in

For the second part you will have to create a function and then bind it to h.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
2) The 'h' buttom is used to hide text windows. however I was wondering if you could adjust the game settings file to also hide character images laid over the background.
It don't hide the text window, but everything except the "screen" layer (if I remember correctly), and everything defined as overlay. So, just put the characters on another , and it should works.
This said, what we expect when pressing "h" is to see the girl, not the place she is.

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Code:
show 100 with Dissolve(1):
        xalign 0.5
        zoom 1.0
        linear 10 zoom 1.5
This is a code I used to zoom in, just change values for directions.

10 is time taken to zoom in

For the second part you will have to create a function and then bind it to h.
Works like a charm. Whilst this is zooming the show image rather than the background, it still looks good and covers what I require.

It don't hide the text window, but everything except the "screen" layer (if I remember correctly), and everything defined as overlay. So, just put the characters on another , and it should works.
This said, what we expect when pressing "h" is to see the girl, not the place she is.
Whilst I couldn't get the layer implementation to work, it did however direct me down a path where I discovered the 'image side' attribute against text. This is a far better solution than what I was doing previously, as it should be easier to manage and also will reduce the coding. For reference I have included in the spoiler below and example of what I was attempting to do.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you both for your rapid response. I think this has me covered for what I require at present.(y)