[Ren'Py] Build Android version (Ren'Py) failed

pamlelr98

Feb 7, 2019
Hi all,

I can't make the android version.

Please see the error in the text file and help me if you can.

Thanks a lot.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
I've never tried to use the android builder... but...

Looking through the error message, I'm seeing.

org.gradle.launcher.daemon.client.DaemonConnectionException: Could not receive a message from the daemon.
Caused by: org.gradle.internal.remote.internal.RecoverableMessageIOException: Could not read message from '/127.0.0.1:20065'.

There's a note that adding an option for --no-daemon might be a solution to something similar. No clue if that is relevant (or even possible) here.

Right at the top it does say Starting a Gradle Daemon (subsequent builds will be faster). So either that isn't working or something on your machine is blocking the ability for the script to talk to the Gradle Daemon (server).

Assuming Gradle (whatever that is) is installed correctly... I'd have to guess at either some sort of permissions issue (run as Administrator...? if you're on Windows)... or a firewall issue... where you're blocking internal connections within your machine by default and therefore the script can't make it's connection on port 20065. (127.0.0.1 is code for localhost... which is "this" computer).

Not sure if that helps much. But if you do find the solution, please come back and say what ultimately solved it.

the66 - This is your expertise... any insights? ... I appreciate it's difficult to narrow things down with so little to go on.

Reactions: pamlelr98

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
afaik the problem is already solved as usual by providing enough memory for the JVM.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
afaik the problem is already solved as usual by providing enough memory for the JVM.
Is that at a machine level?
Or is there a option/setting/parameter somewhere that varies the amount of memory available to the JavaVirtualMachine?
Any recommendations on a minimum size?

Asking, in case the OP isn't familiar with the process. Which I don't think is too much of a leap.
(Hell... I'm clueless - thankfully I've never delved into into android builds yet - I need to rootkit my Amazon Kindle Fire first).

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
the standard setting in the current Ren'Py version is 3gb and should cover most cases.
the only effectively used parameter is: org.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx3g
it's to be found for new projects in your sdk location/rapt/prototype/gradle.properties and for the active project in your sdk location/rapt/project/gradle.properties

zombie94

Jun 19, 2021
hola amigo, acabo de editar un juego y quiero que funcione en Android, pero me da el siguiente problema, ¿alguien puede ayudarme?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
hola amigo, acabo de editar un juego y quiero que funcione en Android, pero me da el siguiente problema, ¿alguien puede ayudarme?
You're not the only one to have reported that problem. What's happening is that Ren'py is trying to download a particular version (26.1.1) of the Android SDK tools, and apparently the specific URL for that has changed or gone missing or something.

This post: suggested that if you install the Android tools yourself, you could install 27 instead of 26.1.1. Ren'py might be able to use that, then.