Ren'py code help

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
So some devs (twats) like to disable certain settings off of ren'py games, one of them that pisses me off is transitions. I was wondering if anyone knows any way to disable transitions by including a .rpy file (much like unren does with skipping text, or enabling console / dev) in the game's folder.

Much Thanks,
OtterBeans :p

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Disabling all transitions? Or just specific?

Or do you just mean the "skip" -> Transition settings?

Or do you want all of the "Skip" settings to be set to something? :D Do you want the options reenabled in the menu itself? What is it? :D

hmmm well whatever, here are the 3 lines of code, either put them in a seperate file each and only copy the setting you want into the game folder, or create a single file with all 3 settings inside.

Code:
# Skips unseen text
default preferences.skip_unseen = True
# 0 = skips all transitions, 1 = reserved for unknown, 2 = show all transitions
default preferences.transitions = 0
# resumes skipping after choices (if auto skipping was enabled "Tab")
default preferences.skip_after_choices = True
you could also modify the unren.bat to include these settings in it (Do it on your own risk or ask Sam if he'd implement the feature ;) )

Reactions: if95

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Was it this you were looking for? Or did I misunderstand what you wanted? :D

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
This should be about it, still need to download something with transitions and test it, but thanks :)

Reactions: Palanto

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Pretty much every game has transitions, most of the time it's "dissolve" which makes the change in images smooth (best for small image animations if you don't want to use a video or if there aren't enough images that it would make sense to use a video) or fade which moves from an image to a black screen and from there to the next image.

If you remove the dissolve transition from i.e. an animation it looks cut off, because the next image will be shown instantaneously.