Ren'Py Ren'Py Debugging

• Thread starter Deleted member 2584047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2584047

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, I spent like 15 minutes trying to find it through search. I'm trying to learn how to code using Ren'Py by making a mod for a game I like. It's going fine so far, but I was wondering if there was a way to search all directories in the Atom editor or if there was a debugging addon someone could recommend me in order to find variables and labels faster.

D

Deleted member 2584047

Nevermind, found it. If anyone else finds this, go up to "Find" and hit "Find in Project." Derp.

Reactions: mickydoo

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
For anyone else finding this thread...

Atom...

<CTRL+SHIFT+F> is effectively "Find All" (Find in Project).
-or- [Menu] -> [Find] -> [Find in Project]"

I would recommend that when the box appears, you put "*.rpy" into the bottom box marked "File/directory pattern". It'll speed up searching, especially if your project has a LOT of images.

Slightly off topic, but once you reach this stage of code editing - you might want to go an investigate too. It's pattern searching that is incredibly powerful... if you can get your head around the various rules. Doubly so when you can get search/replace working with RegEx. Atom has a few toggles when using search - the most obvious one being that you can switch case sensitivity on and off. But RegEx searching (and search/replace) is supported too.