Ren'py Dev Help - looking for feedback

bdaywans

Apr 15, 2017
I'm finally working on my first attempt at a game and want to have a playable version (with more than just bare bones content) soon and I think everything I want to do is doable. But some things still aren't working. Is there any place where I can submit my game for testing or feedback other than the GAMES section? Just checking as I'd prefer not to put a clearly unfinished piece out there but could use some feedback for the code and play-ability.

Looking for some beta testing to make sure the game and mini-games don't break.

THE PLOT:
The main character (female protagonist) finds herself entered into a competition. When she wins, she earns money and her freedom. When she loses she is subject to humiliation... enf to sex in the higher stakes games.

THE GAME MECHANICS:
A combination Visual Novel and mini Arcade Games. The player will use interactions to build stats and relationships with other characters but money and better stats will be primarily earned through minigames (match-3 currently). Ultimately your stats will effect your relationship options with other characters. Ideally I don't want this game to be bogged down with minigames but if they work the way I want to and plan to expand them the should be enjoyable. They will be avoidable eventually but you'd lose a large chunk of the game and stat building. But it also wouldn't be a 'grinding' game either

GENRES:
2DCG, Animated, Female protagonist, BDSM, Spanking, Corruption, Humiliation, Male/Female domination, Sex toys, Handjob, Oral sex, Masturbation, Lesbian, Straight Sex, Groping, Voyeurism, Sandbox, Minigames, Dating, Pregnancy, Prostitution, Consensual/Forced Sex

The artwork is still in progress and planning to improve it, both in quantity and quality as I haven't been drawing long. If this is something I receive positive feedback and support on I plan to improve the art with both hardware [like a tablet] and software updates, maybe even hiring a better artist if this successful enough.

EDIT: Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I'm going to polish it up and then post it here for feedback.

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Perhaps give some more info about the game themes/content and a screenshot.

Some people might not be into your stuff if it's GAYFURRYBONDAGEVORE, or somthing even worse like "cute boy meets cute girl school romance".

Reactions: bdaywans

bdaywans

Apr 15, 2017
Perhaps give some more info about the game themes/content and a screenshot.

Some people might not be into your stuff if it's GAYFURRYBONDAGEVORE, or somthing even worse like "cute boy meets cute girl school romance".

Makes sense...

I'll edit accordingly

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Just post your game here, it will only get moved if it's in the wrong spot, a puppy won't die somewhere (I think anyway)

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
To repeat what Mickdoo said in a slightly different way...

Just build your game using the Ren'Py launcher, upload the resulting zip/7z file to somewhere like or any of the other approved file hosters. If you'd rather keep your uploaded stuff away from your "normal" uploads, perhaps use an anonymous temporary email website like to create your hosting account.

Then post a link to the uploaded file here in this thread.

Then anyone who's interested in helping out, can download it and play... then post their feedback to this thread for you to read... without anyone mistaking it for a version of the game you'd happy for the general public to play.

Unlike the main games forum, almost everyone here will understand and tolerate bugs/missing images and all the other pitfalls of developing a new game from scratch when you're still trying to find your feet.