Ren'py Game Idea

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I noticed how the Game Requests thread is for existing games that just haven't been archived by the site, so I asked what to do about games that don't exist yet. It was suggested that general discussion works for telling developers about the ideas they would like to see in games. I've been thinking about a game for a while (actually trying to get it played via tabletop games, but it works if I play it in a VN too). Sorry in advance for the wall of text.

Requirements
  • Ren'py engine. My computer is a fossilized potato with really fast internet, so I can download a game up to 20 gigs in about an hour, but it's super rare for me to be able to play a game that's Unity, or games that have many animations (or that have system requirements above W7).
    • If you must use Unity, and/or include animations beyond alternating stills, please come up with a way for me to turn animations off entirely (or a button that lets me skip each one without playing through them first). I'm not trying to get you not to include animations, I just don't really benefit from them due to how much they slow my computer down.
    • I also need it to have the option to run in windowed mode
  • RPGM is a hard no for those reasons, the fact that the map even exists, and the inability to hit escape and save while dialogue is happening.
  • The main protagonist is Chloe Barnes. She has a brother named Jack Barnes (optionally twins, but same year of graduation is preferred). . I want her older version to be slightly out of shape, but NOT Plump City out of shape. like the mom from https://f95zone.to/threads/sister-sister-sister-virtual-indecency.3705/ or the mom from https://f95zone.to/threads/inevitable-relations-v0-1a-kinneyx23.4243/ or the mom from https://f95zone.to/threads/dark-neighborhood-ch-8-v1-0-gamer-psycho-delusional.7030/Brown or black hair is preferred. These are guidelines for what she should look like, not a statement of which avatars should be used.
  • The story should mostly be controlled from the perspective of Chloe, but some decisions can be made by the player for Jack and Sam.
  • DO NOT make separate files for each episode, and do not make me click each episode on the main menu.
Optional
  • 3dcg is vastly preferred, but I really liked Good Girl Gone Bad, so 2dcg isn't out of the question.
  • As noted above, minimal animated scenes are preferred, or none if possible, but if it doesn't make my computer take a shit I won't complain too hard (also it's free or dependant on your patreons, so even if I would normally complain I probably won't)
  • The intro caused Chloe to become pregnant with a son she named Sam. If she got pregnant, she did not abort. 18 years after the intro, they live together. It just so happens she's transferring to the town where he will be attending college.
  • Chloe can become pregnant during the main course of the game (This is listed as optional because her minimum age will be 36). The game need not actually take long enough for it to affect in game animations, but it's something to think about whether she'll be pregnant for one or more endings.
  • Failing to arrest random encounters through the minigame presented below (or just not having a high enough arrest statistic) results in Chloe having a sexual encounter (optionally being flat out raped if she didn't have a high enough Arrest score) and raises either a Corruption or a Submission score if appropriate. Jack (and if he exists, Sam) should also have their own Dominance and Corruption scores that get raised if Chloe is in a position to do something sexual with them or when they are present.
Introduction
The game introduction starts off in the summer after Chloe and Jack's high school graduation, they're both 18, they're enjoying the summer before they have to move out and go get a job or attend college. Their plans were disrupted one night when some mafia members speaking in a strange language invade their home when their parents are out on a date. The mafia members get sadistic and force Jack to rape Chloe at gunpoint, to the point of impregnation. They're too tired to move by the time the mobsters leave them, which leads their parents to find them lying naked on the floor, with Jack's cum still inside Chloe.

Their parents don't take kindly to it, and force them to separate, heedless of their stories about how they were forced. While they're separated, Jack gets a call from the Underboss of the mafia that attacked their home, and Chloe joins the police. They work their way up their respective careers in the intervening time.

Main Game
Chloe (and Sam if the developer who takes up the project wants her to have the kid) later unknowingly gets transferred to the town Jack was sent to. He's taken on a nickname appropriate to his rank and legend within the Mafia that he joined (As I understand it, some Mafias like the Italians aren't so happy about outsiders joining, while others are a lot more accepting of a youth that shows talent).

One of her first assignments is to go to a club rumored to be owned by the mob. She goes, and finds her (unknown to both of them) brother is the manager there. She finds him charming/funny/confident depending on choice, and they fuck. He creampies her again and says something that only Young Jack would have said to Young Chloe. She responds with only something Young Chloe would have responded with. They instantly know who the other is. Jack decides to take them both into his home after they catch up and she admits being a Federal Agent. He doesn't admit being Mafia, but he does tell her that he may randomly attack her to ensure that she maintains her ability to fight. If her son exists, he suggests Sam do the same.

Ideas for gameplay elements
Don't take this section as demands, they're just neat ideas that I've been thinking about
  • Since Chloe should be making arrests in the course of her work, she should have some kind of statistic to determine whether she has enough skill to take someone down to arrest them. I'll call it Arrests for convenience, although I'm thinking Jack (and possibly Sam if he exists and is corrupt enough) could just randomly surprise her and fight her to keep her on her toes. If she wins, her Arrests improve even though she didn't arrest them. If they win, there's some sort of wardrobe malfunction or other event signifying their increase in Dominance/Corruption (like Sam's dick accidentally falls out of his shorts while he's on Chloe's chest and it accidentally gets in her mouth).
  • Arrests could be handled as a minigame the same as the stealth game of https://f95zone.to/threads/bad-bobby-saga-v0-13a-rainces.5015/ if Chloe's Arrest score is high enough to even attempt the minigame. Alternately https://f95zone.to/threads/ataegina-v0-3-1-beta-kthulian.20163/ has an actual combat system that would be neat.
  • The intro could feature that fight mechanic, with the player thinking they're controlling the brother, but they're actually controlling a mobster.
  • Chloe and Jack interact more like Sumodeine's protagonists from My Sister My Roommate than to be actual romantic interests. They'll have sex, but they know marriage and all that won't work (this is not a call for them specifically to develop the game, but I'm not stopping anyone who's interested).

Last edited:

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Edits to the original premise
  • Maybe Chloe has a husband who is more or less a "Beard". She married the guy to conceal the fact that she got pregnant by her own brother. If this is the case, it's up to the developer to say whether he knows he's a beard or will discover it during the game.
  • Probably the main component of the story would be to determine if Chloe busts her own brother, or quits the Agency, and optionally, whether she keeps up the charade of a beard husband.
  • Fights don't have to be like the stealth minigame from Bad Bobby Saga. I've also seen other games where the fights were scripted based on where you click the opponent (cheeks, jaws, and whatnot). Personally I'd be fine with menu choices because sometimes you guys don't do object highlighting well enough and I end up missing things and having to go to the Dev or Q&A threads. Even Jack and Sam surprising her could be handled as an exclaimation point upon entering a room.
  • I know Patreon doesn't like incest, so you can market the game there where you start out living with a Landlord and Landlady, and Chloe and Jack are Tenants (Roommates) but construct the game in a way that alllows something like the code below to work:
Code:
init -2:
    $ persistent.patch_enabled = True
or taboo_enabled, or that goes through and identifies each role as a new role. Basically it needs to be universally patchable by someone like whoever it is that keeps making those zzkill patches.

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
This game sounds like an excellent idea.
I can help with proof-reading, editing and programming; if needed.
I only use RenPy, so the others are out.
My current system (and myself) aren't up to doing artwork, though.

Reactions: MrBree

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
This game sounds like an excellent idea.
I can help with proof-reading, editing and programming; if needed.
I only use RenPy, so the others are out.
My current system (and myself) aren't up to doing artwork, though.
Yeah, I don't know anything worth talking about regarding any particular programming language, or how to use Daz or any other 3d image editing program. Most of my time is spent writing tabletop shit in MS Word 2010 and editing images with GIMP to put in them.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Oh right, I also forgot to mention that I'm cool if developers market it as a landlord/lady game on their patreon and offer a universal patch that works with any release. That has been appended.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I noticed a game today that reminded me I really hate having to download separate files or navigate menus for each episode. The original post has been modified to include that.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I noticed a game today that reminded me I really hate having to download separate files or navigate menus for each episode. The original post has been modified to include that.
This type of update is a pain to implement; it's much easier to make the original file larger with each update.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
This is listed as optional because her minimum age will be 36
So I randomly thought about this again last night as I've been playing a lot of games with older ladies. I would say she also shouldn't be over 45 if she had a kid, and that's stretching the believability of her son living with her and transferring to go to college.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
It occurs to me that the intro could feature that fight mechanic, with the player thinking they're controlling the brother, but they're actually controlling a mobster.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
If you have special requests on things you want made, that's exactly what the freelancer market is all about. Someplace like DeviantArt will let you connect with literally thousands of artists willing to take a commission to produce any art you want.

And that is the reality of the world you need to understand. Your idea of wanting a game tailored to your specific ideas is so common that there's a whole marketplace dedicated to it. And not just that one on DeviantArt, but you'll find them also on Patreon, on Fivver, on PeoplePerHour, and hundreds of other places.

Everyone who can hold even a discussion about games has ideas for at least a few. Ideas are common, and ideas are cheap.

If you want this to happen, either you need to do what other devs did, which was learn the skills to do it, buy the rig and software and assets required, and then go to it. Or you need to raise the capital to employ people to make it for you.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
If you want this to happen, either you need to do what other devs did, which was learn the skills to do it, buy the rig and software and assets required, and then go to it. Or you need to raise the capital to employ people to make it for you.
Heh... Heh... Nice rant there. I suppose it's a good thing I don't want it enough to put on my bucket list. There are unfortunately realities that render those needs you think I have by virtue of the wants I've expressed, impossible.

I do thank you for your concern, however I am merely throwing it out there. As you say ideas are cheap. To extend the metaphor, it wasn't particularly taxing for me to come up with the limited one that I did come up with. I was just told to put as much detail as I could in the request, so I did that. Whether it comes to fruition or not is beyond me regardless due to those needs you mentioned. I will continue to keep throwing it out there though, just in case someone else has another perspective. One never knows. I'm not getting my hopes up though in light of already being somewhat pragmatic.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
It occurs to me that the game Ataegina has a combat system and is Ren'Py. The combat/arrest system for this game could work like that, except instead of spell colleges and individual spells, you could have punches, kicks, grabs, throws, and melee weapon attacks.

Reactions: Kthulian

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
It occurs to me that the game Ataegina has a combat system and is Ren'Py. The combat/arrest system for this game could work like that, except instead of spell colleges and individual spells, you could have punches, kicks, grabs, throws, and melee weapon attacks.
:unsure: I think I've heard about this game you speak, good luck talking with the Dev I think he lives in a cave somewhere...

• Haha
Reactions: Merseault

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
It occurs to me that the game Ataegina has a combat system and is Ren'Py.
It's far to be the only Ren'py game with a combat system, and it's one of the simplest ; what not mean that it's bad one, there's way worse than that.
Among the other Ren'py games with a not bad combat system there's Sakura Dungeon and Damsel and Dragons. They probably are better source of inspiration for this.
There's also another which goes further that those two, but I can't remember its name, probably because the game haven't had an update since too many months.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
It's far to be the only Ren'py game with a combat system, and it's one of the simplest ; what not mean that it's bad one, there's way worse than that.
Among the other Ren'py games with a not bad combat system there's Sakura Dungeon and Damsel and Dragons. They probably are better source of inspiration for this.
There's also another which goes further that those two, but I can't remember its name, probably because the game haven't had an update since too many months.
Looking over those, now I think it'd be cool if clothing could be damaged in this one.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
This sounds more like a commission request than an idea as there are a lot of "You can not do this and that but I allow you to do this perhaps".
I won't stop anyone from doing whatever they want, including spinning off my idea into their own additions, but if they change the core of the idea, it won't be my idea at that point. If it doesn't contain the required elements I won't bother with it, for reasons depicted within each bullet point respectively. I was told to put as much detail as possible, so I did exactly that. If I was given the impression I should give a quick rundown of things, I would have done exactly that. I'll admit being sparse on the details would have probably gotten more actual two way discussion, but the thread is what it is and there isn't really any turning back.

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
I won't stop anyone from doing whatever they want, including spinning off my idea into their own additions, but if they change the core of the idea, it won't be my idea at that point. If it doesn't contain the required elements I won't bother with it, for reasons depicted within each bullet point respectively. I was told to put as much detail as possible, so I did exactly that. If I was given the impression I should give a quick rundown of things, I would have done exactly that. I'll admit being sparse on the details would have probably gotten more actual two way discussion, but the thread is what it is and there isn't really any turning back.
You still sound like you are hoping someone will make this game for you.......
It's rather unlikely, as others have pointed out...... if you want a game made exactly as you describe it the only way to do it is to commission somebody to make it or make it yourself.....
We all have our visions and tastes.... I'm writing a script with the kind of story and characters I like, and that I think will appeal to many people as well. I really can't think of any reason why I would work on a game made to specs for one guy only (and therefore with absolutely no real guarantee it will succeed)

Regarding your specific idea..... well, honestly, it sounds like just another incest game, fill in the blanks (you filled them with stuff you like, but there's no real reason why any of what you said would be more interesting than different circumstances).

I understand incest is a popular fetish, but there's really not that much room for creativity there and there are plenty of incest games around already.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
You still sound like you are hoping someone will make this game for you.......
It's rather unlikely, as others have pointed out...... if you want a game made exactly as you describe it the only way to do it is to commission somebody to make it or make it yourself.....
Either they will or they won't. Either way, I'll keep posting about it as ideas come to mind.

We all have our visions and tastes.... I'm writing a script with the kind of story and characters I like, and that I think will appeal to many people as well. I really can't think of any reason why I would work on a game made to specs for one guy only (and therefore with absolutely no real guarantee it will succeed)
If they put it on their patreon, it's not really "for one guy". If the game ends up being a twist on my idea because of patreon, this is not a problem for me. If it gets butchered, they'll have made a game that made their patreons happy.

Regarding your specific idea..... well, honestly, it sounds like just another incest game, fill in the blanks (you filled them with stuff you like, but there's no real reason why any of what you said would be more interesting than different circumstances).
Yeah, I'm under no delusions about the ambition or quality of this game. It's not intended to stand out, it's intended to scratch a specific itch.

I understand incest is a popular fetish, but there's really not that much room for creativity there and there are plenty of incest games around already.
There are a multitude, but plenty is a word that will never be used by me to depict said multitude. There aren't any in particular with this scenario though. I would imagine some do come close, but none I've seen quite make it. I want the scenario, the names of the characters I stated, and the engine. Everything else is up to potential developers and their patreon polls. I don't give two shits about creativity (and because I know tone can be weird on the internet, that whole not giving two shits thing wasn't angry, it's just emphatic).

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
If you have special requests on things you want made, that's exactly what the freelancer market is all about. Someplace like DeviantArt will let you connect with literally thousands of artists willing to take a commission to produce any art you want.

And that is the reality of the world you need to understand. Your idea of wanting a game tailored to your specific ideas is so common that there's a whole marketplace dedicated to it. And not just that one on DeviantArt, but you'll find them also on Patreon, on Fivver, on PeoplePerHour, and hundreds of other places.

Everyone who can hold even a discussion about games has ideas for at least a few. Ideas are common, and ideas are cheap.

What I want is any game developer to stop adding bad ideas for stories or mix bad ideas in between.
A lot of games don't make it past the 1st 10 frames before people start disliking the game.
All the nice artwork in the world or nice curves, a good gane it will not make.
The story has to be just as good and try to stay witth the story without making crazy made up farfetched ideas that anger people after finishing the update.
Anyway, that's the way I feel after playing thousands of these games in F95 zone.
I'm tired of going, Not What I expected, in every update.

Reactions: steelsmiter