Ren'Py Game Issues Including No transitions

Lookie

Aug 9, 2016
I got a huge problem that started suddenly and I really need help.
It would seem that all the things that suppose to happen automatically in Renpy games doesn't do that any more, for example:
-When I start a game I will see a black screen till I click and only then the menu will appear.
-When I load a save it will not transfer me to the save and I will have to right click to dismiss the load save menu.
-To advance text I need to click twice, once to make the text disappear and again to bring the next line.
-Scenes that should advance automatically will only advance frame by frame as I click on the mouse(princess trainer sex scenes where Genie moves between dialog lines).
-Animations will only show the first frame(Witch trainer animations with Hermione, princess trainer animations with Dahlia).
-Skip button doesn't work.
-Games with logo or text before the main menu will get stuck there(Four elements trainer at the MITY logo, Girls in the big city at the age warning).

I tired googling a solution but came out with nothing, this thread is my last hope before I reinstall windows or something.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I got a huge problem that started suddenly and I really need help.
It would seem that all the things that suppose to happen automatically in Renpy games doesn't do that any more, for example:
-When I start a game I will see a black screen till I click and only then the menu will appear.
-When I load a save it will not transfer me to the save and I will have to right click to dismiss the load save menu.
-To advance text I need to click twice, once to make the text disappear and again to bring the next line.
-Scenes that should advance automatically will only advance frame by frame as I click on the mouse(princess trainer sex scenes where Genie moves between dialog lines).
-Animations will only show the first frame(Witch trainer animations with Hermione, princess trainer animations with Dahlia).
-Skip button doesn't work.
-Games with logo or text before the main menu will get stuck there(Four elements trainer at the MITY logo, Girls in the big city at the age warning).

I tired googling a solution but came out with nothing, this thread is my last hope before I reinstall windows or something.
No need to reinstall Windows. Try these basic troubleshooting tips instead:

1) Restart your machine. Try game again.
2) Make sure Windows and your graphic drivers are up to date.
3) Run game as Administrator.
3) Disable your anti-virus software and try to run game. If game works while AV is off, add game to AV exception list.

Good luck!