Ren'Py Renpy game window empty or blank (HELP)

ZhakNait

Jun 12, 2019
Hello, I need help about a problem that happens to me with most games with the Ren'Py Engine
What happens is that when I run a RenPy exe, the window opens, it is completely empty or blank (no matter what game).

In the end, after leaving the window open for a few minutes, an OpenGl Nvidia error (error code 3) comes out, which it already tries to fix but nothing works.

The only temporary solution for the game to be displayed is to disable the display adapter I use (NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a v. 9.18.13.908), so that it returns to basic Windows.

PD: Google Translate :p
262c69221d0684637918a43d9c205cd6.png 045e172d369d0b75af303c74afab8c12.png dcd721e8c78f48cd32e70d48fd8ecdce.png

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The only temporary solution for the game to be displayed is to disable the display adapter I use (NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a v. 9.18.13.908), so that it returns to basic Windows.
You need to disable the GPU drivers in order to not have the error, yet you present everything as if the culprit was Ren'Py. It's what show you the problem, not what cause it.

While the fix linked by WICKEDp4th can possibly make Ren'Py games works for some times, it don't fix the problem, it hide its consequences. What you get is not the usual "hey, your GPU do not support the right GL version" error coming from Ren'Py. In place it's the driver itself that tell you it can't works under those conditions.
And for reasons, it's a 7 years old driver, the last available for this GPU. There's no shame in having an old computer, every one do with what he can afford. But you've to understand that you've reached the time where your computer is now too old, even for something as basic as a recent version of Ren'Py.
For some times it will still be possible to play basic Ren'Py games on it, because they don't use the novelties that come with the recent version of Ren'Py. But the more Ren'Py will evolve, the more you'll risk to face a game that effectively use those novelties, and will just never be able to works on your computer.