Ren'Py Renpy Games Creation.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
I think every computer that can run windows 7 can run renpy.
Sry if my question seemed based on only renpy..I was talking about the whole creation of game BigCityPleasure Renders and coding..I mean to produce renders like that game with daz3d.What is the minimum spec required?

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
that game looks like classic Daz 3D so depends on your time. Computera that nicelly handle rendering in Iray this days costs around 1200 USD. But of course more GPU faster renders.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Minimum Specs to create games like BigcityPleasures with renpy?
Your main killer is going to be creating the imagery - everything else in the process isn't going to strain your computer.

If you're going to use Daz Studio, you have a choice of two different rendering engines. (Well, 2 built into it - there are external ones as well, but that's not for beginners, IMHO.) The 3Delight renderer is the older one - it renders exclusively with the CPU. iRay is the newer one. While many assets are supported under both 3Delight and iRay, some newer assets are iRay only.

While iRay can render with CPU alone, it tends to be very slow, since it's trying to be very realistic. iRay was designed to use NVidia GPU's to do the rendering, so that would be the primary thing you'd be looking for. Ideally, you'd like to have one of the GTX10x0 or GTX20x0 series cards. Which, unfortunately, aren't cheap. Main differentiator within the individual lines (e.g. GTX1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, 1080Ti) is the amount of GPU memory that they have. A scene won't render unless it can entirely fit into the GPU RAM, so the ones with smaller amounts of RAM may not be terribly useful unless you do a lot of optimizations in your scene. You're seeing a switch in the market from the GTX10x0 series to the GTX20x0 series right now, since NVidia released the 20x0 series some months back. The 20x0 cards are more expensive (of course) but have additional features designed for the gaming industry. Whether iRay is updated to take advantage of those features remains to be seen. If you go with a 20x0, you have to use the Daz Studio 4.11 beta - 4.10 doesn't support the 20x0 cards. (The beta's pretty stable at this point, so don't worry about that.)

Outside of the GPU, Daz Studio isn't really hard on your computer if you're using iRay. Disk space is entirely governed by how much content you install, but disks are cheap. Daz isn't hard on your disk, so you can store your Daz assets on rotating media (as opposed to SSD) without any problem. Daz currently isn't really multi-threaded, so you don't need a CPU with a billion cores. I would definitely recommend a minimum of 16Gb of RAM, however - 8Gb is just getting too small for most Windows machines.

So that's kind of the overview...

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
Your main killer is going to be creating the imagery - everything else in the process isn't going to strain your computer.

If you're going to use Daz Studio, you have a choice of two different rendering engines. (Well, 2 built into it - there are external ones as well, but that's not for beginners, IMHO.) The 3Delight renderer is the older one - it renders exclusively with the CPU. iRay is the newer one. While many assets are supported under both 3Delight and iRay, some newer assets are iRay only.

While iRay can render with CPU alone, it tends to be very slow, since it's trying to be very realistic. iRay was designed to use NVidia GPU's to do the rendering, so that would be the primary thing you'd be looking for. Ideally, you'd like to have one of the GTX10x0 or GTX20x0 series cards. Which, unfortunately, aren't cheap. Main differentiator within the individual lines (e.g. GTX1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, 1080Ti) is the amount of GPU memory that they have. A scene won't render unless it can entirely fit into the GPU RAM, so the ones with smaller amounts of RAM may not be terribly useful unless you do a lot of optimizations in your scene. You're seeing a switch in the market from the GTX10x0 series to the GTX20x0 series right now, since NVidia released the 20x0 series some months back. The 20x0 cards are more expensive (of course) but have additional features designed for the gaming industry. Whether iRay is updated to take advantage of those features remains to be seen. If you go with a 20x0, you have to use the Daz Studio 4.11 beta - 4.10 doesn't support the 20x0 cards. (The beta's pretty stable at this point, so don't worry about that.)

Outside of the GPU, Daz Studio isn't really hard on your computer if you're using iRay. Disk space is entirely governed by how much content you install, but disks are cheap. Daz isn't hard on your disk, so you can store your Daz assets on rotating media (as opposed to SSD) without any problem. Daz currently isn't really multi-threaded, so you don't need a CPU with a billion cores. I would definitely recommend a minimum of 16Gb of RAM, however - 8Gb is just getting too small for most Windows machines.

So that's kind of the overview...
Thanks for this wonderful explanation!! Exactly what i was looking for. Thnks a lot man. I really Appreciate it.