Ren'Py Renpy games on samba server fails on arch linux : import module no module named site

SAO321

Apr 17, 2018
When i try to execute any renpy game hosted on a samba server by a manjaro distro, using another manjaro distro, i get the `import module no module named site` error.

What im using :

Both desktops are runing the same distro;
Both has python 3;
And both has the module site installed.
The manjaro hosting the server is installed,
The manjaro accessing the server is a live usb;

what i can do :
I can open create and modify any files on the server, so its not a permission issue, i think.
The sh file is allowed to run as aplication, and marked to be writen by everyone.
I can sucesfully run any renpy game in both distros if directly storaged, instead of acessing it trough server

Note : The same error occurs if i try to run the game from a pendrive.

The path to server: /run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server=192.192.192.100,share=folder/MySisterMyRoommateV14-pc

There is a post i opened here at manjaro forum :
The answer suggest it was `probably something is wrong with your Python script.` Since the games alredy worked outside the server, could it be that the scripts isnt writend to search for the modules correctly when hosted on a server ? Im clueless.

Games tested : My sister my roomate , A family adventure

Last edited:

SAO321

Apr 17, 2018
(This is a diferent, but related issue, I did another thread to this, but was moved to here ... )

Cant execute renpy sh file mounted over nfs server on ubuntu : permission denied (even having full permision and beeing able to run other sh files)

Full post here :

When i tried to run (./) the renpy sh file, stored in a lubuntu and shared over an nsf server, from the client, also lubuntu, i get `permission denied` issues. Even having full permission to read and create everything, including the sh file. It seems to be a common problem, having bash or sh files not able to be executed when mounted. But i did ran other sh files, such as pycharm.sh, so im confused. Is it a problem with renpy ? Or is it a problem with the developer of the game ?

I currently tested `My sister my roomate`, and `A family adventure`.

Last edited: