[R>Artist 2D] Paid [Ren'Py] Looking for 2D artist for Pokemon visual novel

Writefuck

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2018
Project:
An adult visual novel made in Ren'Py, set in the world of Pokemon. This is not a romhack, this is a 100% original story using existing Pokemon characters. The game will be published for free on itch.io, in the hopes that Nintendo will respect parody and fair use doctrine. I am paying for this entire project out of my own pocket, as monetizing a Pokemon fangame is pretty difficult.

Developer:
Me! I'm writing and coding everything. This will be the second game of this type that I have made.

Looking for:
2D artist, who can match the art style of official character art for Pokemon characters. I guess you could call that anime-style.

Employment Type:
Paid commission.

Work commitment:
I will need several poses and multiple facial expressions for the main character, and one or two expressions for several supporting characters. It all needs to have a consistent art style and look like it all belongs in the world of pokemon. There is no specific time limit, but obviously I'm impatient and would rather the art be done sooner than later. If it takes you a month or more just to draw one pose, then this is going to take years to finish. I don't want to wait that long. I'm not going to pester you and I understand that sometimes life and stuff gets in the way, so I'm pretty understanding if there are delays. It's just that I've been burned before by having artists go radio-silent out of nowhere and leaving me hanging.

After this game is done, I will definitely be making a third Pokemon VN, and probably a fourth, and more. If I like your work, you'll be the first person I come to for the next games' art. So this could be a long-term thing, if that's something that would interest you.

Preferred method of contact:
I'm on Discord under the name Writefuck. You can also email me at writescrew@gmail.com. You can also DM me here or just reply to the thread I guess? I'm not picky and I monitor everything. I just find Discord to be the fastest and most convenient way to chat most of the time.

Job Description:
I'm making an adult visual novel featuring Marnie, from Pokemon Sword and Shield. This will be the second Pokemon visual novel that I've made, so I assure you I know what I'm doing. My plan was to hold off on commissioning any art until I had most of the game written and coded, so I'd have a better idea of what I would need. Right now the game is about 130,000 words, compared to the first one which was 220,000 by the time it was finished. I would estimate the game is about 75% completed, since I'm at the point where I'm writing the endings.

I'm looking for an artist who can draw character art for Marnie and several other characters, including Professor Sycamore, Dexio, Sina, and a few supporting NPC's. I want the art style to look similar to the characters' official artwork. I will need several different poses and a few facial expressions for Marnie, and the other characters will likely need one pose and one or two facial expressions. No backgrounds are required for any of this.

Once I have character art for all the story scenes in the game, I'm also going to need full art for the sex scenes, with backgrounds and everything. If you can't do these, that's totally fine. But if you can draw a progression of 4-6 images of Marnie having sex with the viewer, I will have more work for you.

Additional comments:
Just to be up-front, this is not some kind of lolicon game. Regardless of how old Marnie is supposed to be in official canon, in my game she's written to be a teenager/young adult and she specifically mentions being 18 years old. The game will have sex scenes in it, but the majority of it is more like a "go on an adventure together and fall in love" kind of story, with lots and lots of standing around and talking.

If you have no idea who any of the characters I mentioned are, that's totally fine. You don't have to be a pokemon fan or whatever, so long as you can draw the characters in a style that matches their official art. Basically, they look like this:
official art assembled.png

Reactions: VNA

ulytyme

Jul 14, 2020
Hello, my name is Ulises I´m 2D artist and I´m really intereseted in your project.
Here is my portfolio link with some of my work :3