[R>Artist 2D] Unpaid [Ren'py ] Looking for artists to help develop a F2P Game

Lord Riz

Aug 5, 2017
Project:
While the project's name is currently in question and the name will come to me, the progress has already been made in making it a reality. The game is fully intended to be free to play with perhaps early access to backers but all builds in the end will be public. The final build once the game is complete might be posted on Steam for a low price but that is years into the future. With full intention of constantly releasing updates and complex mechanics, as my skill improves, the game will neither be short nor repetitive yet will have replay value, something that games nowadays lack heavily. My intended goal is to make a game that I think people want to play but are simply not being released...

The game:
Intended design - The game will be made in format of a visual novel that later develops into a much more complex management and combat game. (This is based on my learning curve and capabilities)
The intended audience is 18+ as the game will hold both violence, cruelty and mature content. However there will be a separate patch that blocks mature content.

Plot - After awakening within a prison cell under the largest city in the deserts of Ekox, you are dragged in front of the King. Manipulated by his daughter, he releases you into the world once more in servitude to the half succubus Princess. Your job now is to dive deep into dangerous dungeons spread across the neverending deserts in search of ancient relics in order to save the kingdom at war.
The game will force you to make tough choices and sacrifices, risk your life to complete difficult dungeons and enduring slavery fueled by your new Master's cruelty.
Find out the reason you were imprisoned, who you were and how you could escape? Maybe even take over the city...

Developer:
Lord Riz (Me) / Currently no patreon or any other platform.

Looking for:
2D artist to make backgrounds and character arts for a medieval fantasy game.

Employment Type:
Currently it is unpaid as I have both zero funds and income. However if the project gets recognition and gains backers that wish to help out with the project, I am willing to invest back into the artists that helped me and potentially make full time jobs. Until then the only thing I can offer is credit which is included regardless if you are paid or not.

Work commitment:
The game is still in early development with first demo likely to be released in a few months rather than anytime soon. I am open to both short term and long term partnership or even simple art donations. While I am fine waiting quite a bit for art to be complete, and you do not have to commit to this project as a priority, my goal is to attain a single character sprite for each main character as well as a shade for random NPCs until proper art is dedicated to them. I also require a few background images, totaling the bare minimum of 6.

Preferred method of contact:
My email is always available - NikSukiSurlina@gmail.com
Feel free to also add me and message me on discord - Lord Riz #1837

Job Description:
The goal is to attain a bare minimum of 6 background images which include; Dungeon Background, Prison Background, Desert City Streets Background, Palace, Throne Room, Bedroom.
Character goal is to have at least 5 character arts, single image per character, and an outline for random NPCs for both genders which will later be filled with actual pictures.
Optional - If possible, I'd love to have more facial expressions for the main characters and possibly a nude version as well of the same pictures.

Additional comments:
While I understand that the appeal to help out on a project without being paid is very low, but I am a college student with no funding and thus I simply cannot afford it. However do not misunderstand this as lack of respect and admiration. I fully intend to keep releasing constant content for the game and instead of potentially making a new game once complete, I shall simply add side stories and maybe focus on a different character. Hopefully raising enough funds to fully invest back into the art as it will be the soul and central piece of this project along with awesome gameplay and story writing.

Last edited: