Ren'py not working, just a flash black screen

Tenfivefour

Aug 6, 2022
All of a sudden, games the was working a day prior, stops working.

I downloaded a few new games, when I extracted and loaded them up, it loads a quick black screen and vanishes. I kept trying but the same thing kept on happening.
I loaded the other game as well but the same thing happened a few times.

Strange I thought, I checked the previous games I played perfectly and it also kept happening to them all of a sudden.

Somebody help

Edit: I also changed the renderer to Angel2 as some other peoples solution to it but nothing as well

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I downloaded a few new games, when I extracted and loaded them up, it loads a quick black screen and vanishes.
You're on Windows, right ?

This happen when Ren'Py use the console version of Python interpreter, and it use the console version when the anti-virus flagged the windows version of the Python interpreter as corrupted ; what is most of the time a false positive.

Tenfivefour

Aug 6, 2022
You're on Windows, right ?

This happen when Ren'Py use the console version of Python interpreter, and it use the console version when the anti-virus flagged the windows version of the Python interpreter as corrupted ; what is most of the time a false positive.
True, I am on windows. So what should I do? If, most likely, the Python intrepreter works fine but is just being flagged as corrupted, what can I even do then?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
So what should I do?
Learn how to reverse a decision made by your anti-virus, then how to whitelist a file. Also how to configure your anti-virus to not silently block a file.

Tenfivefour

Aug 6, 2022
Learn how to reverse a decision made by your anti-virus, then how to whitelist a file. Also how to configure your anti-virus to not silently block a file.
Hello,

I'm back again. I think I changed some things with my Windows anti-virus protection exclusions (whitelist I guessed) and it worked at times, but some ultimately do not open. Could you lead me via link or anything, to your suggest to stop flagging the Python interpreter. Or should I ultimately (maybe) reset windows 10?

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
read something like this: