Ren'Py Ren'Py Problems

seirei76

Jul 28, 2017
Hi, I just formatted my PC and I'm running W10, already installed Graphic drivers (GeForce 7100) and updated to DirectX 12 but still can't run anything related to Ren'Py, runs but just open a blank window.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Hi, I just formatted my PC and I'm running W10, already installed Graphic drivers (GeForce 7100) and updated to DirectX 12 but still can't run anything related to Ren'Py, runs but just open a blank window.
Make sure your video drivers are the latest drivers.
Set your video display to a standard ratio (16:9). The higher resolution, the better.
Run the game as administrator.
Make sure your AV isn't blocking Ren'py.

That's all the things I can think of. Good luck.

seirei76

Jul 28, 2017
Still trying to get it to work here the things I've tried so far:
  • Check drivers GPU
  • Compatibility Mode
  • Added to AV and DEP excluded list
  • Tried changing location of Ren'Py
  • Running as Administrator
Here is what appears on log:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
the 7100 is over 10 years old and it is unlikely you found drivers for it for win 10 on Nvidia site .Above that it is not and never will be DX12 compatible. In all probability win 10 is just running it as a legacy card.my suggestion would be uninstall card drivers uninstall DX12 reboot and let win 10 do the rest.( i am of course assuming you have downloaded and installed drivers yourself from 3rd party sites to windows as i cannot see your machine )

seirei76

Jul 28, 2017
I downloaded drivers from NVIDIA site which still if isn't was any for w10 (at most w8.1) it is compatible with my w10 version and didn't need a 3rd party software or modifications of such driver.
Another thing I've found is that everything runs fine if I just put it on fullscreen but still doesn't shows anything windowed.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Another thing I've found is that everything runs fine if I just put it on fullscreen but still doesn't shows anything windowed.
Looks like it's the resizing part of the Ren'py code which cause the problem. You should consider to create an account on and talk about this directly with Ren'py author.

Reactions: TCMS