Renpy project keeps having to Add Folders or Reopen Project

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
ARGHHHHHH!!!!

Ahem.

Anyways, awhile ago I posted a thread discussing a very weird problem where I opened up Renpy and it looked like all my projects were gone. Terrifying! However, the project hadn't been deleted, I still had all the data, the sdk just... wouldn't launch the game. For whatever reason. Backing up a bit, the main thing I tried to do to solve the problem (along with updating Renpy itself) was making sure the launcher was loading from the game's main folder but, for whatever reason, the sdk still just wouldn't load the game. Ultimately I just did a copy and paste job, and that seemed to work. But now every time I go to edit the project's script, this keeps happening:

bs.JPG

Every time I bring up the script, any of the accompanying data I expect to see just isn't there. I've tried both options and saving afterwards, neither option stays. Another thing, and I'm not sure if this has any bearing on anything, but the line at the bottom that reads "This is chapter 2" is something I just added, showing that data is still saving.

I'm sorry, just... wtf is going on? All I wanna do is give the world big anime tiddies lol

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I'm sorry, just... wtf is going on? All I wanna do is give the world big anime tiddies lol
Here's what I would look at if it would happen to me:

Ownership right issue/conflict ?
The project being attributed to the wrong user, located in a directory that is owned by the wrong user, using the SDK with user rights while the project is in an administrator owner directory.

RAM disk/Virtual disk/Remote drive issue ?
The project is seen by the system, but Ren'Py don't know how to deal with it ?

Antivirus issue ?
Without explicitly flagging it as dangerous, it play the SDK in a sandbox and, while you edit the file on the disk, from the sandbox side the directory is empty.