Tool Ren'Py Ren'Py Restoration Patches: Hide Interface v2.2 - Toggle Quick Menu v7.8 - Change Save Name v1.0

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Some Ren'Py games are coming out with a few of the normal features removed so I created these patches to restore them. They're independent from each other and should work on most games.

Hide Interface
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Toggle Quick Menu

Change Save Name

I created these patches for my personal use and have been refining them according to the games I play and what I want from them, I hope they're as useful to you as they are to me. I used to leave previous versions up for those who wanted them but I feel that the improvements of version 6.2 are so big that it makes no sense to keep them here and cause confusion.

Thanks again for this! I was wondering if it's possible to add the auto text slider for games that don't have a native auto feature? The default while better than nothing seems to be very slow moving. Thanks!!

Thamn

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks again for this! I was wondering if it's possible to add the auto text slider for games that don't have a native auto feature? The default while better than nothing seems to be very slow moving. Thanks!!
Hi, I'm glad you like it. I've added a simplified preferences window that you can access from my configuration window using the "Preferences" button. Let me know if it works for you as it is or if you have any ideas on how it could be improved.

Keep in mind that this version is my most recent personal build, not the public one on the first page. It's stable in the games I play but most of the code has been rewritten and has not been cleaned up. It also includes experimental features and some mods and cheats for a few games that are disabled by default but, if you enable them, be careful with what you change, things like adding money or opening the hints screen directly in Lunar's Chosen are fine, but romancing multiple people at the same time in BaDIK will mess up the story and were only meant as a way to experience alternative paths without replaying the whole game.

I won't update the first page for now, it needs to be polished and tested properly before that (and I'm not sure I should even include the mods in the public build), so use the file from this post. (_toggle_quick_menu_v7.9.8.9x.rpy)

skrusher

May 11, 2019
Thanks for your mod. I use it a lot. But I have a question. In some games when I press the auto button it stays highlighted until I press it again, but itsn't happening with your mod. How can I change that?

Thamn

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for your mod. I use it a lot. But I have a question. In some games when I press the auto button it stays highlighted until I press it again, but itsn't happening with your mod. How can I change that?
It sounds like the button style isn't set properly, can you tell me which games have that issue and which version of the mod you're using so I can check what's going on? I haven't updated the front page yet but my personal build has the option to override the style of the quick menu and that should fix it in theory, I'll upload the most recent version here in case you want to try. The disclaimer on my previous post applies here as well. (_toggle_quick_menu_v7.9.9.5x.rpy)

skrusher

May 11, 2019
It sounds like the button style isn't set properly, can you tell me which games have that issue and which version of the mod you're using so I can check what's going on? I haven't updated the front page yet but my personal build has the option to override the style of the quick menu and that should fix it in theory, I'll upload the most recent version here in case you want to try. The disclaimer on my previous post applies here as well. (_toggle_quick_menu_v7.9.9.5x.rpy)
It was with Being Super. But now I'm using it in another game, Strong Desire, and it's working fine.

Thamn

Aug 6, 2016
It was with Being Super. But now I'm using it in another game, Strong Desire, and it's working fine.
Thank you for the name of the game, I checked the code and it is what I suspected, we can't see the button switching because the dev from Being Super configured both idle and selected buttons with the same color (white in this case) and since my mod uses the dev's style by default it inherits that flaw. Switching to my custom style solves that problem. Strong Desire uses grey and yellow so it works properly, as do most games which is why I prefer to keep the dev's style as default to keep the game as original as possible and only override their style when they mess something up.

Reactions: skrusher

skrusher

May 11, 2019
Thank you!!! Btw where exactly can I change the color for the idle and selected buttons? I kind of changed a lot of things on Being Super interface but couldn't figure out this one.

Thamn

Aug 6, 2016
Thank you!!! Btw where exactly can I change the color for the idle and selected buttons? I kind of changed a lot of things on Being Super interface but couldn't figure out this one.
It's in the gui.rpy file, the colors are right at the start:

For the quick menu gui.idle_small_color is the idle color, gui.accent_color is the selected color. There's also the selected_idle_color which is not set there and is what I use to set the color of the Auto button when it's active, it takes the same color as selected_color if it's not set.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes