Renpy saved games... WHATS HAPPENING!... *brain dissolve*

Aug 10, 2019
Alright, so I fucked up. Something got deleted and along with it my renpy folder. Reinstalled, started game, the saves are there in both renpy folder and in the c:\user bla blah blah and when I load the game it looks good. Hit one load and its fine.... but of course its not the one I WANT! The one I want goes something like this:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix

Then proceeded with a ton of nonsense!

Alright so Im not sure what to do. I'm not a designer I just wanted to play a game get all "worked up" in good way and have a nice time with a glass of bourbon... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Alright, so I fucked up. Something got deleted and along with it my renpy folder. Reinstalled, started game, the saves are there in both renpy folder and in the c:\user bla blah blah and when I load the game it looks good. Hit one load and its fine.... but of course its not the one I WANT! The one I want goes something like this:

While running game code:
renpy.load(fn)

Alright so Im not sure what to do. I'm not a designer I just wanted to play a game get all "worked up" in good way and have a nice time with a glass of bourbon... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!

You need to post this in the game's thread.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
some games need more than just a save file. config data, persistent, blah blah
typically these are created when you start a game, and it's not a problem...
but when you try to start a game from a save, when these files don't exist... crash

try starting a new game 1st, then restart and try your save

Reactions: Papa Ernie
Aug 10, 2019
some games need more than just a save file. config data, persistent, blah blah
typically these are created when you start a game, and it's not a problem...
but when you try to start a game from a save, when these files don't exist... crash

try starting a new game 1st, then restart and try your save
So I did that and didnt work... it also did this weird thing where the file i saved had a picture of my computer screen with the save and loading page.... it was weird.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Is this a game problem or renpy problem though? I feel like this is a renpy issue
1. I know having a glass or two too much of bourbon can get you worked up a little, but if you at least try to stay calm you're more likely to receive help.
2. RenPy is just the framework, errors like that happen quite regularly (especially after a new update of a game has been released) and I've never read "this is a RenPy issue, I can't do anything about that" from a developer, so it's extremely likely that your issue is game related as well.
3. If you go into the according game thread, post your tracelog (put it in a Spoiler though, so it stays contained and doesn't explode the page sizewise) there and ask what you can do - if the developer is a member of our community you'll get proper help for sure, if not, others will try to help... :)

Aug 10, 2019
1. In this case "worked up" is an indicator for arousal.
2. Good to know.
3. I shall do that. Is trace log the same as trace back?

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016

While running game code:
renpy.load(fn)

As a last resort, you can ask for someone's save in the game thread.