Tutorial Tool Ren'Py Renpy Translator v2.2.1 (multi-translation engine)--- open-source (support one key translate, local glossary and generate translation mod)

Jan 22, 2024
Some errors made it impossible to translate certain lines
you may meet errors like this:

2024-01-30 14:55:19 Error in line:1320 D:\Download\Nova-Pasta\SunshineLoveCH2-1.01-pc\game\tl\Portugues/10_week10_00.rpy
It’s [s_name]. And [y_name].
It’s [0] . And [1] .
É [0] . E 1] .
Error

It's depend on the translation result. In order to skip translate special symbols like '[]' '{}' '<>' , this tool will replace the contents in special symbols in order nums.

For example :

"It’s [s_name]. And [y_name]."

will be replaced to

"It’s [0] . And [1] ."

Normally, this format will not be translated and will remain '[0]' and '[1]' , and the tool will restore the orginal contents with the ordered nums.

However , sometimes this format may be destroyed after translation. As mentioned : "É [0] . E 1] ."

You can found that one '[' is missing , so this tool can't restore the original contents. And will not translate this line.

You may need to modify these certain lines manually.

Fortunately this situation occurs rarely , you need not to spend too much time to modify these certain lines.

Currently Google is the best choice to translate the contents which contain special symbols , you can re-translate these contents with Google

Last edited:
Reactions: Awa.
Jan 22, 2024
Why does my translation skip, or when it does, it doesn't translate anything? View attachment 3498105
Already in
You should check the target rpy file
The translation will only do effect when the format like this:

# game/script.rpy:553
translate schinese naming_0f7b6e71:
# r "Do name yourself like that and I'll break your face..."
r "Do name yourself like that and I'll break your face..."

or

# game/script.rpy:30886
old "Win or Lose?"
new "Win or Lose?"

Awa.

Jun 7, 2022
Hi, the tool extracts much better than renpy, but could you tell me how I can extract and translate "common.rpym"? I changed the extension to .rpy and translated it using the tool, but the game apparently doesn't use the translation ;-;

Jan 22, 2024
Hi, the tool extracts much better than renpy, but could you tell me how I can extract and translate "common.rpym"? I changed the extension to .rpy and translated it using the tool, but the game apparently doesn't use the translation ;-;
Change None to the tl_name
1712135263272.png

Awa.

Jun 7, 2022
XD

And it's not just me, but even in "One Key translate" when there's an error in the log during the process, and I try to close the tab, apparently at the same time as I close it the program creates a new one.

(The mistake I wrote and the mistake in the video are different.)

Last edited:

Awa.

Jun 7, 2022
Just one detail: sometimes the log says that the translation is complete, but it's not.

imagem_2024-04-03_141048573.png

[WinError2]" The system cannot find the specified path: 'translating' "
[WinError5] " Access denied: 'translating' "

imagem_2024-04-03_141540823.png

imagem_2024-04-03_142218215.png

Last edited:
Reactions: anonymousException

EroTops

Nov 22, 2022
very good program but I have a question.

Do I have to put the game I want to translate in the program folder?

There are games that are not translated and the program just keeps loading and stops at the end.

Jan 22, 2024
very good program but I have a question.

Do I have to put the game I want to translate in the program folder?

There are games that are not translated and the program just keeps loading and stops at the end.
It's not necessarily to put the game in the program folder , just make sure you are access to the game folder is OK
Can you offer more detail information ? better a video or the output log?

EroTops

Nov 22, 2022
It's not necessarily to put the game in the program folder , just make sure you are access to the game folder is OK
Can you offer more detail information ? better a video or the output log?
after doing all the steps it stays like this, it has already happened to me with other games and with some of them it works perfectly.

here the video

and thank you for responding

Jan 22, 2024
after doing all the steps it stays like this, it has already happened to me with other games and with some of them it works perfectly.

here the video

and thank you for responding
That's weird , struck when translating?
The translation engine you used is google?

Last edited:

EroTops

Nov 22, 2022
That's weird , struck when translating?
The translation engine you used is google?
Yes, I still use the default configuration that comes with the engine.

and if it is google

and it doesn't throw any error, it just stays like this, until I close the program.

Last edited:

EroTops

Nov 22, 2022
Only stuck in some specific games , right?
I will download the game you showed in the video and check whether it is incompatible with this game
Yes, I have tried it in other games and the truth is that the same thing has happened to me with two other games and with other games everything perfect.

And I have also tried another version of the program and it is the same problem with the same games.

Reactions: anonymousException
Jan 22, 2024
Yes, I have tried it in other games and the truth is that the same thing has happened to me with two other games and with other games everything perfect.

And I have also tried another version of the program and it is the same problem with the same games.
Thanks for your feedback , already fixed in

Reactions: EroTops