Tool Ren'Py Ren'Py Transparent Text Box Mod v2.6.4

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Your mod apparently doesn't work on Babysitters, a new game by T4bbo. Could you check it out? Thanks.
It didn't work on The Babysitter, either. Too heavily an low level customized screens to change via standard Ren'Py styles. Its dialog screen probably needs to be replaced, just like in The Babysitter.
I haven't had time to play or even look at the new game yet, but I will... sometime within the next week, I hope.

Thanks for letting me know, though! :)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
It didn't work on The Babysitter, either. Too heavily an low level customized screens to change via standard Ren'Py styles. Its dialog screen probably needs to be replaced, just like in The Babysitter.
I haven't had time to play or even look at the new game yet, but I will... sometime within the next week, I hope.

Thanks for letting me know, though! :)
Good enough! Thanks.

Reactions: Namco15

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
v2.5.8
- Freeloading Family [FFCreation] v0.18 - overrides updated
- Bad Memories [recreation] v0.1 - redefined characters to remove huge fancy name label font, fix name label size and position
- Kindread: The Redburns [Inkalicious] ch3 - redefined added thinking style to improve visibility
- Babysitters [T4bbo] v0.0.1 - tried to replace stats button with a small quickmenu-style text button, but hit a snag and couldn't figure out the problem yet. Made dialog text a bit smaller, changed default name label and dialog text color from black to white.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Brilliant idea. I hope you don't mind if I redistribute this as an optional add on in my babysitter mod. I'll make sure to credit you. I always hated having to hide and unhide the text boxes in these games.

Edit: Actually I think I'll just put a link to this on my mod page instead. I'll definitely be using it myself.

• Love

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Hi, is there a version of the mod which does not change the bottom menue. Should this be the quick menue?
Or maybe can you tell how to remove the change.

This mod seems to work for Corruption, but sadly change the bottom menue. (looks like I mean the quick menue. If I set quick menue on false it is gone. But not the old one comes back.)

EDIT:

I think I solved it, removing this helped:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And this:

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I haven't played Corruption, so I don't know what the default or my quick menu is missing compared to the one of this game.
I guess I should take a look at it sometime.

I'm glad my comments in the script helped you to remove the part that created problems. This is one of the reasons it's there.

Last edited:

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Oh no, the menue was not missing, just not like I wanted it to be.

After installing the mod, I wanted and have these back:
Back - History - Skip - Auto - Save - Q.save - Q.Load - Prefs

Next step is looking to make the font bigger.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
You know, all these buttons were there? Plus some. :sneaky:
Just all movement related buttons were compacted into symbols and moved to the right corner, the rest to the left and slighly shortened, so the middle part stayed clear to see the image. The buttons on the right should be self-explanatory symbols: back, skip (fast forward), auto (play/stop) and hide interface.
You also have a chortcut to hide/show quick menu: Alt+m

If you just wanted it bigger, could have changed the size here:

Python:
    #########
    ## quick menu button text style
    style quick_button_text:
        font "DejaVuSans.ttf"
        size 18
        idle_color "#8885"
        hover_color "#0F0F"
        insensitive_color "#4445"
        outlines [ (absolute(1), "#000A", absolute(0), absolute(0)) ]
        hover_outlines [ (absolute(1), "#000F", absolute(0), absolute(0)) ]
In fact, it should still change the size of the default quick menu, unless it's been modified.

Reactions: Sothyr and Namco15

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Hi , I've got problem with C-plan , lines 607 and 618:
Please download the newly released v2.5.9 version of the patch, the part that caused your problem is removed from there.

- Big City's Pleasures [Porcus] - updated to v0.2.2b
- The Way [Zee95] v0.23a - redefined characters to remove who_outlines and what_outlines to make it possible to use default outlines of this patch with better visibility.
- Forgotten Paradise [Void Star] v0.12 - redefined characters to remove character dialog styles
- Primal Instinct [SilkandMilkProductions] v0.03 - redefined characters to remove character dialog styles
- Estate: Dominate [Henissart] v0.17 R2 - redefined some characters to remove dark grey colors from their labels
- Gates Motel [P_S_Y_C_H_O] - v0.3b - redefined characters to remove colors with poor visibility from character dialog text
- Removed an attempted fix for Happy Summer [Caizer Games] v0.1.1 that stopped working after another game update and created occasional compatibility problems with some other games.
- Removed modified mouse cursor for Welcome to Temptation [CarnalCardinalGames] to drop the cursor image file I've been dragging along.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
v2.5.9.1 is a tiny update that restores quick menu in Estate : Dominate by Henissart.

Now I noticed that my signature was still about v2.5.8.1, it seems I forgot to update it last time.
:ROFLMAO: :poop:

Last edited:

Killer94

Feb 4, 2018
hey i tried this on midnight paradise and it didn't work what did i do wrong anyone can help me pls

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes