Renpy won't let me change other peoples game code

CherryPopKelo

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Is there an option to stop people opening your scripts when you release a game because some games allow the scripts to be edited but others gray out the option

Is there a bypass for this because I like to see how other people script there games to help understand how it works

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Even those games that "grays out the option" can still be edited with just one more extra step, so the answer is no.

What's the problem with others watching your code? If you're more specific maybe someone can give you a better answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: CherryPopKelo
Feb 16, 2022
Is there an option to stop people opening your scripts when you release a game because some games allow the scripts to be edited but others gray out the option

Is there a bypass for this because I like to see how other people script there games to help understand how it works
I don't know what type of game you want to make but check out "Demon Pie" the game is a public domain licence so you are free to edit and use the code as well.

itchio profile
The game's code is open so you can use it and modify it.

updated:
It's a small game at the moment but there is stuff you can learn from. you can use the game's code in your projects if needed. Even the Lemma Soft Forums have a section for game code

Last edited:
Reactions: CherryPopKelo