Ren'Py won't open on certain games

XxXxXxXMynx

Feb 23, 2020
My ren'py won't launch a few games I'm only really concerned about four elements trainer though I can't figure out what's goin on pls halp btw heres the logs

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Make sure the game isn't inside folders with special characters like ö, á and so on.

Drop the game directly on C:/ and see if it starts there.

Check for more info.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
My ren'py won't launch a few games I'm only really concerned about four elements trainer though I can't figure out what's goin on pls halp btw heres the logs
Hmm... The log file show no errors.

"Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)"
This is normal for games not intended to be played with Steam support.

"nvdrs: "Couldn't load nvlib." (can be ignored)"
As said, this can be ignored.

Could not open 'cache/shaders.txt':
And that is not really an error. It happen for any game that are launched for the first time, and Ren'Py just build the missing file, like it do for all the possibly missing cache files.

Is it really all you get ? You start the game, and it do nothing, show nothing, just filling the "log.txt" file before silently dying ?

XxXxXxXMynx

Feb 23, 2020
Hmm... The log file show no errors.

This is normal for games not intended to be played with Steam support.

As said, this can be ignored.

And that is not really an error. It happen for any game that are launched for the first time, and Ren'Py just build the missing file, like it do for all the possibly missing cache files.

Is it really all you get ? You start the game, and it do nothing, show nothing, just filling the "log.txt" file before silently dying ?
Yea it just pops up with not responding and then shuts down I checked logs and its all I got

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Yea it just pops up with not responding and then shuts down I checked logs and its all I got
Hmm :/

Perhaps a permission issue, but I have some doubt. The last line of the log file is telling that Ren'Py is ready to display something (what can be an error message at start-up), therefore it's really not normal that it display nothing at all.
At this time, the only possibility is an error that directly crashed Python. I know that there's few persons that have this issue, but so far no one was able to find what it is, sorry.

XxXxXxXMynx

Feb 23, 2020
Hmm :/

Perhaps a permission issue, but I have some doubt. The last line of the log file is telling that Ren'Py is ready to display something (what can be an error message at start-up), therefore it's really not normal that it display nothing at all.
At this time, the only possibility is an error that directly crashed Python. I know that there's few persons that have this issue, but so far no one was able to find what it is, sorry.
nws ty for everythin ^^

XxXxXxXMynx

Feb 23, 2020
Make sure the game isn't inside folders with special characters like ö, á and so on.

Drop the game directly on C:/ and see if it starts there.

Check for more info.
didn't work for me ty for suggestion tho

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
Your not trying to launch those games from inside the zip/rar file are you? I'm asking because I have actually seen people do that before.